Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Question. I know since Glasco left to take another coaching position, the portal for UL is open for 30 days. Does this apply to only head coaches or any coach that leaves for another school?

So if UL were to hire an assistant coach from another school, P4, G5 or less, would that mean that the school from which that assistant coach was hired have an 30 day open portal?

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Question. I know since Glasco left to take another coaching position, the portal for UL is open for 30 days. Does this apply to only head coaches or any coach that leaves for another school?

So if UL were to hire an assistant coach from another school, P4, G5 or less, would that mean that the school from which that assistant coach was hired have an 30 day open portal?
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    They weren’t offered any money
    Or maybe they have integrity.

4. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    They weren’t offered any money
    how you know

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

I believe it only applies to head coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Still doubting?
    Nope. It's hard to believe they will not even wait until a new coach is named. Sad.

I don’t know . It was sarcasm. I should’ve asked the BIRD

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Nope. It's hard to believe they will not even wait until a new coach is named. Sad.
    This is the nature of the beast in college athletics, with a newly opened transfer portal due to a coaching change. The coach moves to a new job, he knows which players he wants to bring along and other coaches are looking to raid the roster as well. We're talking impressionable young people and adults who are selling them on why they should make a move and NIL just sweetens the pot.

Alexa is also staying. What will the 3 Sams do???? Stay tuned

All of the players in the portal are from Texas except Ellestad. Do they see this as an opportunity to go back and play in their home state and get some NIL money. Granted, Texas Tech has not been a softball destination in the past but $$$ talks.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Yep. I hear ya.

I guess with the 30 portal window it’s now or never for them

This NIL ____ is lame

All this talk about NIL and needing fans to step up and get some money together…you’re just wasting your breath. There is no money to give. And if there is, the ones who have it aren’t giving it. And I can’t say I blame anyone.

Season tickets
    Parking passes
    Tailgate spots
    Apparel
    Concessions
    RCAF donations

These things cost money. And now they need more money to pay the athletes? Yeah that’s a no from me. If anything I think our fans and donors are the ones with some sense for not forking out even more money to pay these 18 year old kids. Even if I did have the type of disposable income to make big NIL donations I wouldn’t do it. I would rather put it into the program.

On the other hand, I may be the dumb one for not being willing to keep up with the new age of college athletics.

This is all very new now, but I think after the 5th-7th year of the big donors at the big schools making huge NIL payments they might sit back and rethink it. IMO that is money much better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    All this talk about NIL and needing fans to step up and get some money together…you’re just wasting your breath. There is no money to give. And if there is, the ones who have it aren’t giving it. And I can’t say I blame anyone.

Season tickets
    Parking passes
    Tailgate spots
    Apparel
    Concessions
    RCAF donations

These things cost money. And now they need more money to pay the athletes? Yeah that’s a no from me. If anything I think our fans and donors are the ones with some sense for not forking out even more money to pay these 18 year old kids. Even if I did have the type of disposable income to make big NIL donations I wouldn’t do it. I would rather put it into the program.

On the other hand, I may be the dumb one for not being willing to keep up with the new age of college athletics.

This is all very new now, but I think after the 5th-7th year of the big donors at the big schools making huge NIL payments they might sit back and rethink it. IMO that is money much better spent elsewhere.
    Had someone with a pulse been growing rcaf the last decade, we’d have a fighting chance. Too many comfortable collecting a check around here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Had someone with a pulse been growing rcaf the last decade, we’d have a fighting chance. Too many comfortable collecting a check around here.
    This!

15. Default Re: UL Softball

What people fail to understand is that many of the people spending it are going to spend it anyhow. For instance GetGordan . . . if he uses his advertisement wisely, he can throw a good bit of it at NIL, pay less in advertisement costs and maximize the good will coming from it. Car dealers can do the same thing . . . so, all you folks who think it will end and that it’s not more economical to spend these dollars with the larger programs are just putting your head in the sand . . . it will do it continue to work and the haves will continue ue to have and the have nots will continue to have not . . . sorry for all the suckers who can’t see it . . .

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread Information