Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Brooke Ellestad now in the portal as well

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The softball program has fund raisers in the form of a golf tournament and end of season crawfish boil. That is to help the program. If Glasco needed NIL money why didn't someone in the administration or Glasco (since coaches at UL tend to have to fund on their own) go to ALL supporters with a game plan to raise the money he needed. That never happened but he complained that the money wasn't there. No clue if $500K per year could have been raised. If you don't ask the answer is always no. Deggs isn't playing around and he has a game plan. BTW he said fans didn't want to put up for the NIL he didn't say the fans didn't want to support the program financially. Supporting the program and supporting players individually is two different things.
    "Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Why was Glasco bitter?

You Answered
    "NIL money not raised and some other issues that will come out."

If you know this, why are you asking me why Glasco didn't ask for NIL money? I don't know, I'm not the softball insider here. Could it be because the person that was in charge of raising UL NIL resigned? In which realm do you exist that you would not think UL Softball doesn't need NIL? If every other program including football, baseball and basketball needs NIL why would Cajun Softball be the exception? If you are the insider you proclaim to be you certainly should know some of the needs of the program you say you support right?

As for CajunMike, if what he said offends you then look in the mirror. He simply said Softball supporters should give more money to help the program. He also said he understood why they wouldn't when it concerns NIL. I don't like it and I know he doesn't either. I also know what level he supports this program as well, so I do question his love for Cajun Sports period.

3. Default Re: UL Softball

None of the aftermath is shocking. There will be many many more…

4. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Amen, well said. I will never contribute to NIL the way it is now.
    UL winning or losing doesn't affect my life one iota, so I'm going to attend games as long as I'm entertained by them, and fund my grandkids 529s before giving one dime to spoiled athletes not satisfied with a FREE education.
    I never understood the rationale behind 11.5 scholarships for 30-35 players on softball/baseball.
    I do believe all of the athletes should be on full scholarship like football and basketball.

Lauren Allred now in the portal

Allred now in the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    "Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Why was Glasco bitter?

You Answered
    "NIL money not raised and some other issues that will come out."

If you know this, why are you asking me why Glasco didn't ask for NIL money? I don't know, I'm not the softball insider here. Could it be because the person that was in charge of raising UL NIL resigned? In which realm do you exist that you would not think UL Softball doesn't need NIL? If every other program including football, baseball and basketball needs NIL why would Cajun Softball be the exception? If you are the insider you proclaim to be you certainly should know some of the needs of the program you say you support right?

As for CajunMike, if what he said offends you then look in the mirror. He simply said Softball supporters should give more money to help the program. He also said he understood why they wouldn't when it concerns NIL. I don't like it and I know he doesn't either. I also know what level he supports this program as well, so I do question his love for Cajun Sports period.
    I'm not an insider and never said I proclaim to be, and I never said softball didn't need money or NIL help.

8. Default Re: UL Softball

. . . I guess they going to take their red and black uniforms and play them is Texas . . . unfortunate we don’t have what it takes in NIL support to compete going forward . . . I know that Des canvassed supporters for NIL, it appears that Deggs is doing likewise . . . hopefully they are/were more successful than Glasco . . . only time will tell . . .

We will probably have one more. I believe four will go to Texas Tech and two to LSU.

10. Default Re: UL Softball

Is this a consequence of the RCAF not being separate from the foundation and under the shadow of Martin Hall? Would fundraising improve for all of athletics?

Wow. distruction of a program unfolding

12. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Wow. distruction of a program unfolding
    it didn’t distract the last three times and probably won’t distract this one either

however, getting, retaining and developing talent that stays will be increasingly mer difficult absent NIL finding

we know the solution . . . it’s just if we want it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I will never understood the rationale behind 11.5 scholarships for 30-35 players on softball/baseball.
    I do believe all of the athletes should be on full scholarship like football and basketball.
    Softball had 19 players at the end of the season 2 of those were redshirts.

14. Default Re: UL Softball

And Falterman appears to be staying

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information