Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

1. Default Re: UL Softball

Werent some other sports coaches blamed when the moneybwasnt raised. Why in this case are others blamed

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Seems, like it is the coaches responsibility to let the players know of the coach leaving.

The players finding out on social media (if true) bodes well for them NOT following him to Texas Tech.

Default Re: UL Softball

I can understand his frustration towards lack of NIL but to diss the players and fans? I thought he was better than that. They deserved better.

4. Default Re: UL Softball

The Martin Hall run athletic department has a history of leaving certain things to run on auto pilot.

Glasco has a history of focused hyperactivity.

A certain level of roadblock frustration is not hard to imagine.

5. Default Re: UL Softball

Maybe the director of broadcasting could have broadcast something about the coach leaving

6. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I can understand his frustration towards lack of NIL but to diss the players and fans? I thought he was better than that. They deserved better.
    so, what other choice did he have other than to leave under the circumstances

Chloe will be in the portal later today. It is a long shot but Vic and Chloe could still change their mind. Gerry has to win sooner rather than later. To do this he needs players. He will be aggressive to get proven players to follow him.

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Chloe will be in the portal later today.
    Are portal administrators required to work on weekends? Yikes

9. Default Re: UL Softball

Chloe will be in the portal later today. It is a long shot but Vic and Chloe could still change their mind. Gerry has to win sooner rather than later. To do this he needs players. He will be aggressive to get proven players to follow him.
    "Aggressive" sounds like illegal contact
    Babb would be quite upset if Vic leaves too

I’m sure Sam will be gone also.

11. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Look, I'm "man" enough to say that I could be wrong. Maybe Lotief was defamed and unjustly fired.

But I am also going to say that at the same time, anyone who was rooting for Gerry Glasco to "fail" as our head coach because of something that Glasco himself had nothing to do with is a piece of garbage and not a Cajuns fan.

The guy at least from what I know seemed to be a great representative of our university and did as well as could be expected with the changing landscape in college softball.

At the end of the day, he had nothing to do with Mike Lotief being let go.
    I don't recall anyone saying they were rooting for failure. I just miss the excitement and success we enjoyed before the program was gutted. The team was mostly home grown with a sprinkle of transfers that developed into phenomenal players under Mike's tutelage. There was no reason for what happened to have happened. I don't know if Mike could have coached much longer anyway. I just hate the way things went down. I was definitely rooting for the Cajuns no matter who was coaching. I'll just say that I'm disappointed with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I’m sure Sam will be gone also.
    Which Sam. Three of them on the roster.

13. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Is this a departure similar to what we saw with Coach Girouard? I hope not. That took a long time to heal.
    As far as I'm concerned, It never healed. I had no problem with her going to LA State. At the time I wished her the best. However, she turned her back on us. Not only turned her back but contributed to the whole Louisiana is inferior bit. How many times did she "Lafayette" us. She knew exactly what she was saying and the implications. It's an embarrassment to have her name Field.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    When the university doesn’t deliver on promises and you’ve busted your behind to stay relevant, sometimes poor decisions are made. I’m sure Glasco would have liked to inform the players and staff first, especially after the fact. But the university can’t deliver on what’s required to stay competitive in this environment of college sports.
    It is not only the university that did not deliver, it is on the fans as well for not putting up the NIL dollars required. That being said, I do not blame the fans for refusing to pay players directly. If you do not own a business there is no direct benefit to contributing to NIL ventures as there is no tax or RCAF points advantage. Benefit is seeing your team succeed. That may not be a high enough priority in some people's lives. I understand the point made by others that they would let programs did before donating to NIL efforts. I think part of our culture here is a reluctance to pay athletes directly as some may feel the scholarships are sufficient compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by USL View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, It never healed. I had no problem with her going to LA State. At the time I wished her the best. However, she turned her back on us. Not only turned her back but contributed to the whole Louisiana is inferior bit. How many times did she "Lafayette" us. She knew exactly what she was saying and the implications. It's an embarrassment to have her name Field.
    While a lot of what you state here was true, why aren't you mentioning the dinosaur that was running this university at the time and ran off a number of good coaches? While I didn't like the way she behaved during her departure, no one discusses what the individual that basically help destroy his own athletic program cutting his baseball program, football program and others. When you look at the entire picture, it doesn't pant a pretty picture of either side.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information