Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    I wish i understood what these old geezers still spend money on once social security eligible
    It's two grand a month. lol

2. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    AD should take a pay cut when your department is
    8 million in the red
    If we want to keep up with the Jones', we will never operate in the green. I am sure they can fudge some numbers and line items to make it look better like other schools do, but let's face it. we aren't making money off of athletics right now, and it doesn't look like that will be remotely possible for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    If we want to keep up with the Jones', we will never operate in the green. I am sure they can fudge some numbers and line items to make it look better like other schools do, but let's face it. we aren't making money off of athletics right now, and it doesn't look like that will be remotely possible for the foreseeable future.
    Fudge is the operative word. The RCAF General Fund is used to fill the gaps in Actual Funds used and the Budget. That is no secret. There are a few ancillary fees that are also used from the University side. There have been years where both Baseball and Softball have stayed in the black. To my knowledge going back to before Scott Farmer, neither program has made money.

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    AD should take a pay cut when your department is
    8 million in the red
    Would love to apply that thought to members of Congress and the President.

5. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    It's two grand a month. lol
    "Eligible" i.e. age, not the amount. He has made more in his 60s then most people do in a majority of their entire career, .at a game

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Unfortunately those clowns can just print more money

7. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Checks notes: thought political posts were not welcomed

8. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    It will all come out in the wash soon. The real reason he isn't at UL anymore.
    I was told by an "insider" that his resignation was all in regards to family and specifically his daughter. He wanted her on his staff here but nepotism rule wouldn't allow it. They are both convinced that mid majors won't be able to compete on a national scale within the next 2 years because of NIL. She is resigning her position at Eastern Illinois and is going to join his staff at TT. The plan is for Glasco to coach 3 or 4 more years and have her promoted to the head coach position if the program is winning.

9. Default Re: UL Softball

What happened to the co-head coach waiver?

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    I was told by an "insider" that his resignation was all in regards to family and specifically his daughter. He wanted her on his staff here but nepotism rule wouldn't allow it. They are both convinced that mid majors won't be able to compete on a national scale within the next 2 years because of NIL. She is resigning her position at Eastern Illinois and is going to join his staff at TT. The plan is for Glasco to coach 3 or 4 more years and have her promoted to the head coach position if the program is winning.
    Didnt we have a husband and wife coaching together at one time.

11. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Didnt we have a husband and wife coaching together at one time.
    Checks notes: yep no "nepotism" ever at oklahoma, az state, auburn, UL softball in past, even UL acctg dept when i was a student. And guess who:
    At Stetson
    Joined Stetson in 2023
    Prior to Stetson- Playing Career
    Played Quarterback for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns 2015-2016
    Prior to Stetson- Coaching
    Offensive Student-Assistant for Louisiana 2017
    Worked with Wide Receivers
    And what about all of those "operations staff"Geez either worst decision evah or worst inside source evah

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Geez either worst decision evah or worst inside source evah
    Even r1 can see this…

Are y’all saying shady stuff happens at UL ?

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    I already mentioned in a previous post that Tara would be following him. How does Rick over at SE LA have his wife on staff?

I believe we had had husband and wife women's basketball and husband and wife softball coaches at the same time a while back.

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information