Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: Glasco leaving

Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not sure anyone mentioned being a contender, but I think he has the connections to rebuild the program quickly and compete with the top of the conference more so than his predecessor. I read that they have made a comment to help with more NIL money. I guess it comes down to remaining at UL with limited NIL (he told several supporters he needed $500K Yearly to compete in the Top 20) and play a schedule with Baylor, Arizona, Oklahoma St, Arizona State and Utah. He doesn't have to schedule these programs. I'm not sure he will be successful, but he has proven he can win with the resources he had at UL and perhaps that's a battle he's tired of dealing with. JMO
    I think he will take 4 players with him. That may help speed up the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Snider was only there 2 years, and it was his first HC job. Maybe he just wasn't up to the job.

We know Glasco can recruit. There are advantages of being in the Big XII and having money available for NIL that he did not have here, thus my opinion that he can quickly build a contender in Lubbock.
    Not sure about that. He was a top assistant on a national title team.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The portal has tons of players, the difference is he will have funds to go get some as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The portal has tons of players, the difference is he will have funds to go get some as well.
    I agree but he will also take some with him.

5. Default Re: UL Softball

He visited the facilities, campus, etc as an analyst? No he just played a game at the field.
    A. Why do cajuns consistantly allow our opponents more access to/use of our facilities than others do
    B. If ncaa kept their own definition of analyst, one could argue analysts wouldnt even need to make the trip, but are they analysts or extra uncounted coaches
    C. That road trip was more hours on campus than 99pct of navy recruits have on a naval ship before signing up

I agree but he will also take some with him.
    As expected.

I'm amazed how quickly this came about. Did Justin see this coming?

This notion that Glasco was not going to be extended is silly. His last contract extension (through June 30, 2028) allowed for a 1 year extension to June 30, 2029 if he won a regular season title, conference title, or appeared in a regional as an at-large team. He met 2 of those requirements this year, so he was automatically extended to 2029 (although not formally completed).

Glasco will owe $60,000 for terminating his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I'm amazed how quickly this came about. Did Justin see this coming?
    Justin wasn't part of UL plans regardless of Glasco status.

11. Default Re: UL Softball

Imagine that, is the extra portal opening upon coach leaving or new coach being hired?

Looks like a little league park. Wow. We sure do have a nice softball stadium compared to most.

Why all the excuses?

14. Default Re: UL Softball

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Why all the excuses?
    What excuses are being made? I haven't seen any being made on here. Why are you ragging on UL fans, many who supported your brother when he got fired? This particular situation is totally different than that for which your brother was terminated.

15. Default Re: UL Softball

Don't know how much truth there is in this post about Glasco's departure which was made on another softball specific website: "My understanding was that he was told that a collective was being formed by UL boosters for NIL money to compete with recruits and transfers. He had said out loud on various occasions that he would need about $500K in NIL funds to keep UL competitive with the big boys. Apparently that never materialized so Glasco took the bird in the hand offer from Texas Tech which has an established collective (Matador Club) to provide softball with NIL money. In addition to getting a raise to go to TT, he was also promised facility upgrades. The man is 65 years old so in reality, he doesn't have all that many years of coaching left in him."

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information