1. Default Re: KRVS needs to be the Ragin Voice for Sports

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Can the name be changed to KRVL, "Radio
    Voice of Louisiana"?
    Taken

KRVL is a radio station in Kerrville TX

2. Default Re: KRVS needs to be the Ragin Voice for Sports

Didn't KRVS originally stand for "Radio Voice of Southwestern"? The "K" is used for radio stations west of the Mississippi. Is it an FM station? Where is it on the radio dial? How powerful is it? Can it truly be the voice of UL? Can the name be changed to KRVL, "Radio
    Voice of Louisiana"?
    I always heard Radio Voice of Students.

Default Re: Ragin Voice of Sports

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    One of the other things that needs to be done is to put pressure on the New Orleans market stations and outlets that refuse to cover anything Cajuns related even when it comes to Regional play. I don't expect constant coverage but the way they cover UL is professionally bankrupt
    How would pressure to New Orleans be applied. Beyond LSU, New Orleans has an FBS football program in Tulane having success. They have 2 D1 schools for basketball and baseball. Little time for schools out of the area. When I lived there, I did my best to promote the brand. I agree not having a local afternoon sports oriented radio show is a negative.

Default Re: KRVS needs to be the Ragin Voice for Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Taken

KRVL is a radio station in Kerrville TX
    Well, how about KRUL? How difficult is it to change the call letters of a radio station?

Yes FM

100,000 watts
    They have an extender anntenae in Lake Charles. You can also stream it on Tunein Radio

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    One of the other things that needs to be done is to put pressure on the New Orleans market stations and outlets that refuse to cover anything Cajuns related even when it comes to Regional play.
    Umm.and exactly what stick to we have to hit them with to apply said pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    Part of the reason for a decline of fan support is the lack of media coverage of Cajun sports. Aside from Foote and Ragin Review, there really isn’t any. Pre-COVID, a UL fan could get almost six hours of UL coverage sprinkled in sports talk on some way between Stevie P., Foote, and Jay/Scott. It’s very sad.
    Townsquare Media has absolutely killed local radio, and not just in Lafayette.

There are many public radio connected University run radio stations that do sports for the university they are connected with.

When Louisiana had competing newspapers looking for an audience (before granting official status) and when there were multiple radio outlets covering Louisiana Atletics KRVS could sit idly by and do nothing to promote the big picture.

That is no longer the case.

Time for the Ragin Voice of Sports to step up their game and fill the void.
    You’re speaking in very general terms, just like you usually do. What do you want? Be specific.

You want them to broadcast all athletics?

you want them to host shows?

24 hour ragin review?

When you come up with ____, it’s all in general terms. This isn’t politics. If you have a recommendation, make it. General statements do little

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    You’re speaking in very general terms, just like you usually do. What do you want? Be specific.

24 hour ragin review?

When you come up with ____, it’s all in general terms. This isn’t politics. If you have a recommendation, make it. General statements do little
    They wouldn’t be ready for 24 hour Ragin Review

24 hour ragin review?

who ____ed in your Cheerios this morning

11. Default Re: Ragin Voice of Sports

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    They wouldn’t be ready for 24 hour Ragin Review
    then “they” could just not listen . . .

12. Default Re: Ragin Voice of Sports

24 hour ragin review?

All great ideas start with vague and go from there, I'm not their program director, my suggestion involves a specific move of going from absolute zero to something brand worthy. I'm vague so I don't exclusively steer the idea, I was hoping for input. (Thanks)

What I meant to say was "KRVS needs to step it up. K Ragin Voice of Sports."

Right at this moment in time (with the void as it is) if they do anything, anything at all they will qualify as such.

ps I will work on ideas if no one else produces any . There may be a delay since I was never a program director.

13. Default Re: Ragin Voice of Sports

All great ideas start with vague and go from there, I'm not their program director, my suggestion involves a specific move of going from absolute zero to something brand worthy. I'm vague so I don't exclusively steer the idea, I was hoping for input. (Thanks)

What I meant to say was "KRVS needs to step it up. K Ragin Voice of Sports."

Right at this moment in time (with the void as it is) if they do anything, anything at all they will qualify as such.

ps I will work on ideas if no one else produces any . There may be a delay since I was never a program director.

I know Camey Doucet could get it started

Yes FM

100,000 watts
    So, how does a 100,000 watt station compare with AM & FM competitive stations in Lafayette? Is this a stronger signal?

15. Default Re: KRVS needs to be the Ragin Voice for Sports

So, how does a 100,000 watt station compare with AM & FM competitive stations in Lafayette? Is this a stronger signal?
    Currently KRVS has the strongest "Effective Radiated Power" "horizontally" (am bounces) allowed for FM radio stations in the US, 100,00 watts.

There are a few others in the Lafayette area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information