Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

Default Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

This location will rival some of their largest stores in size. What an opportunity to flood the retail space with UL fan merchandise…

Default Re: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

Coming but the location isn't final. That news is just Lafayette saying you can do whatever you want in our available lots. There's other possible locations outside the parish lines along I-10.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Coming but the location isn't final. That news is just Lafayette saying you can do whatever you want in our available lots. There's other possible locations outside the parish lines along I-10.

This seems to be the rumored location

Name:  IMG_4313.jpeg
Views: 493
Size:  63.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    This seems to be the rumored location

Name:  IMG_4313.jpeg
Views: 493
Size:  63.7 KB
    That's one option but there are people behind the scenes working to get it to another location. That comes from someone inside Buccee's.

That's one option but there are people behind the scenes working to get it to another location. That comes from someone inside Buccee's.
    Gotcha. That is interesting

Why would we want Buccee’s in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Tax revenue?

Why would we not want one? Tax revenue, good paying jobs, many many reasons to say yes.

No shock there. Probably some of the same people trying to get a loop around Lafayette through property they own instead of allowing the I-49 project to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Why would we not want one? Tax revenue, good paying jobs, many many reasons to say yes.
    Correct. The benefit to Lafayette is getting extra tax revenue from the thousands of cars that travel on I-10 every single day. Plus 100-150 jobs paying $20+/ hr

It's not aimed for people that live in Lafayette or coming to Lafayette to visit. Typically they are spaced every 2-3 hours apart. Currently on the I-10/ 12 corridor there is one in Mobile, AL, 1 being built outside of Gulfport, MS and then 1 in Baytown, TX. Lafayette would bridge the gap between Baytown and Gulfport

Correct. The benefit to Lafayette is getting extra tax revenue from the thousands of cars that travel on I-10 every single day. Plus 100-150 jobs paying $20+/ hr
    They are a destination for many travelers. They will obviously take some revenue from existing businesses in Lafayette but it will be minimal compared to the amount of new revenue they will bring to the parish.

For example. No one in my family heads west to Houston or beyond without planning a stop at Buc-ee's in Baytown. If not for that Baytown would just be another blip on the map with no particular reason to stop.

And the #1 reason travelers like Buc-ee's. the bathrooms. Just ask your wife or kids.

It's not aimed for people that live in Lafayette or coming to Lafayette to visit. Typically they are spaced every 2-3 hours apart. Currently on the I-10/ 12 corridor there is one in Mobile, AL, 1 being built outside of Gulfport, MS and then 1 in Baytown, TX. Lafayette would bridge the gap between Baytown and Gulfport
    Wouldn’t it be more beneficial near Crowley or somewhere between LC and Lafayette? Or even between Lafayette and BR?

Wouldn’t it be more beneficial near Crowley or somewhere between LC and Lafayette? Or even between Lafayette and BR?
    I would imagine staffing would be much more challenging in lower population area. Plus infrastructure could be a concern. I read that the Breaux Bridge and Henderson exits would require major infrastructure upgrades to handle the water requirements

I just mapped it on Google maps. Target on Louisiana Ave is 3 hours and 1 minute to Menge Rd in Pass Christian, MS and 2 hours and 59 minutes to Bucees in Baytown with current traffic. They are going after people traveling long distances - not local commuters or people driving an hour to LC or BR

I-10 at Louisiana Ave is literally right in the middle of both with an adequate exit and infrastructure already in place. It seems like an ideal location based on those factors

If there is conduction in Lafayette, probably a 30 percent chance it's a gas station or car wash.

Love Buccees. Just couldn't pass up an opportunity to call out Lafayette on their terrible city planning. Whatever eye sore and unnecessary building you want to build with no continuity, we got you.

Well my cousin Marie’s parrin in law’s nephew’s mailman’s brother’s dog groomer overhead a discussion in a Buc-ee’s in Terrell TX where the downtown crowd has LPTFA lining up money to buy land in the center of the Thruway near Jefferson to give Buc-ee’s, effectively killing I49.

It would be a great tourism boom for downtown!

Sarcasm off…I will believe if when the permit is purchased and the ground is broken. The NE and NW corners (or near by) of 10/49 are screaming BUY ME.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information