Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

1. Default Re: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

why not

Default Re: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I hate that this store is going to be at the Louisiana Ave exit since its the exit I use when I come to Lafayette
    The exit of of the east bound interstate is a three lane exit. West bound exit is 2 lane. Louisiana Avenue is a four lane boulevard with dedicated turning lanes. East pont des mouton road is also a 4 lane boulevard for a portion of the frontage. They constructed a 3 lane Upper Lafayette Parkway out side of controlled access and parallel to the east bound exit. I think this should be more than adequate to handle traffic for the Buc-ees.

Buc-ees is great, people in Louisiana are going to love it. Some people in Texas are crazy about it. I like it when I travel, restrooms are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Buc-ees is great, people in Louisiana are going to love it. Some people in Texas are crazy about it. I like it when I travel, restrooms are amazing!
    Some people are crazy about nothing. Buc-cees the largest convenience store in America. LOL!!!

5. Default Re: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

Never been to one, do they promote local culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Definitely.

if they feel they need a larger exit it will be part of the early planning and will be a condition for the project to move forward. The Menge exit in Mississippi is being totally redone and the overpass widened to accommodate extra lanes, also upgrades are being made for an extra interstate lane at least to that exit

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    if they feel they need a larger exit it will be part of the early planning and will be a condition for the project to move forward. The Menge exit in Mississippi is being totally redone and the overpass widened to accommodate extra lanes, also upgrades are being made for an extra interstate lane at least to that exit
    The Louisiana Ave. interchange really couldn't be set up much better for them. They won't have to do much other than a few short turn lanes into the parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    The Louisiana Ave. interchange really couldn't be set up much better for them. They won't have to do much other than a few short turn lanes into the parking lots.
    Correct, anything west of I 49 on I 10 is 2 lanes. The next best exit is Breaux Bridge but all four quadrants of the interchange are already occupied. The north east corner of I-10 and Louisiana avenue is a clean slate with utilities, adequate drainage and not in a floodway. The development at the north west corner will have a hotel and other shopping alternatives. This will be a big shot in the arm to the north side of town. The only thing lacking is a water park.

SOMEONE needs to be in contact with Buc-ee’s or you can bet ULL gear is coming.

11. Default Re: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The only thing lacking is a water park.
    Bring back Carnival Beach.

Bring back Carnival Beach.
    It’s for sale if you’re interested.

13. Default Re: Buccees definitely coming - golden opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    It’s for sale if you’re interested.
    Is the slide included?

I would bet there will be more ugly purple than red.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Correct, anything west of I 49 on I 10 is 2 lanes. The next best exit is Breaux Bridge but all four quadrants of the interchange are already occupied. The north east corner of I-10 and Louisiana avenue is a clean slate with utilities, adequate drainage and not in a floodway. The development at the north west corner will have a hotel and other shopping alternatives. This will be a big shot in the arm to the north side of town. The only thing lacking is a water park.
    I've always thought a major Waterpark near Lafayette would be a gold mine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information