Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any new restaurant recommendations?

Default Re: Any new restaurant recommendations?

Aristos/Poseidon’s posted similar on their Facebook page a few weeks ago.

The people own LaPizzeria, though, must really be amongst the inner-circle of the Lafayette community, though, because my FB feed is flooded with reposting of their plea to the local community. That wasn’t the case for Poseidon’s.

Either way, glad to see people take notice of a good, local establishment that has been part of and contributed to the Lafayette area for decades. Need to visit that spot as well soon.

2. Default Re: Any new restaurant recommendations?

both of those are great restaurants and great people

it would truly be ashamed for either to vanish into the dark from the Lafayette restaurant market

I don't know about others but post-covid, my family's frequency of dining out is a small fraction of what it used to be. Not including periodic fast food pickups due to extracurriculars, we'll get take out and/or sit down in a restaurant 2-3 times a month. I know we may be on the extreme end, but would guess that lots of folks have reduced their spend there and we are seeing the results of that.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    For people that complain so much about prices, posters on RP seem to go out to eat WAY more than the average person
    Why are you complaining about it?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I have always wondered how we can have so many good restaurants in the Lafayette area. The ones that have been around the longest are Dwyers (Pop Stinsons) since 1927., Alesi's, Riverside Inn, LaFonda, Hub City Diner (Puddy Tat) and Dons Seafood hut. Kellers Bakery has been around the longest (early 1920's I think and in the same location). You have to figure they are doing something right. To me you cant beat Dwyers. I remember one time, many years ago, I was there with my Dad. The place was packed with people lined up out the door. The three servers were hoping (two were Myrtis and Rose). They couldn't keep up with cleaning the tables. One of the customers (an elderly black man named Butler) got up and started cleaning tables. Only at Dwyers could that happen. A place that serves, federal Judges, Lawyers, Bankers, cops, homeless people families with kids and people like me. A truly unique dining experience. Open every day from 6:00 AM to 2:00 P.M.
    I was one of the first people hired at Hub City Diner. One thing I remember very well was when Alabama came here for football. All the Bama fans that were eating there kept yelling "ROLL TIDE!" So obnoxious. I wanted to accidently spill their drinks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

The people own LaPizzeria, though, must really be amongst the inner-circle of the Lafayette community, though, because my FB feed is flooded with reposting of their plea to the local community. That wasn’t the case for Poseidon’s.

Either way, glad to see people take notice of a good, local establishment that has been part of and contributed to the Lafayette area for decades. Need to visit that spot as well soon.
    With the number of great local restaurants, I am perplexed by people going to eat a meal at a chain. I get fast food maybe but a sit-down meal? Come on people Eat Leauxcal!

7. Default Re: Any new restaurant recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    With the number of great local restaurants, I am perplexed by people going to eat a meal at a chain. I get fast food maybe but a sit-down meal? Come on people Eat Leauxcal!
    neither of those restaurants are chains

Checked out Poseidon’s FB after you posted about them previously. Food looks excellent. Owner seems like a character. Came across his post about local restaurants and thought it was very well stated.

If their food was good they wouldn’t have to plea. Sorry, but it’s been lackluster for years. Stop claiming meatballs are fresh when they are in fact frozen. The paying clientele don’t want frozen reheated food, especially not at those prices. They need Gordon Ramsey.

The best customer service you’ll ever find in Lafayette is at Antoni’s. Hands down. Next is Zea’s. Those places are run like machines and the management “gets it”.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    If their food was good they wouldn’t have to plea. Sorry, but it’s been lackluster for years. Stop claiming meatballs are fresh when they are in fact frozen. The paying clientele don’t want frozen reheated food, especially not at those prices. They need Gordon Ramsey.
    Not sure if you’re talking about Poseidon’s or LaPizzeria. I haven’t eaten at the latter probably since I took my wife there as our first date, so… 2004?

The former, though, Poseidon’s, ate there with the family just two weeks ago and it was as delicious as always, and was pretty packed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    neither of those restaurants are chains
    I did not imply that they were chains. I was speaking generally. You may continue jumping to conclusions now.

Not sure if you’re talking about Poseidon’s or LaPizzeria. I haven’t eaten at the latter probably since I took my wife there as our first date, so… 2004?

The former, though, Poseidon’s, ate there with the family just two weeks ago and it was as delicious as always, and was pretty packed.
    La Pis-eria

Have never been to Poseidon's but I need to try. After I stopped supporting all things Zeus, Zorba is my go to. Haven't been to LaPizzeria in a long time but man it used to be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Have never been to Poseidon's but I need to try. After I stopped supporting all things Zeus, Zorba is my go to. Haven't been to LaPizzeria in a long time but man it used to be fantastic.
    I remember trying them when they first opened years ago, they were very good. The quality has declined tremendously and the service is just sad. And they wonder why locals won’t go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information