Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: College World Series

Default Re: College World Series Brackets.

Two more outs

Nice win for Vols.

Heck of a slide was the game winner.

Bye bye Aggies. Maybe a fat cat supporter can cough up a couple of million to ease the pain.

I woulda have liked to have seen how that series plays out with A&M having Braden Montgomery and (more importantly) Shane Sdao

That said, Tennessee had a GREAT team. Excellent finals series that was great for college baseball.

6. Default Re: College World Series Brackets.

their were if’s a lot closer to the end of the game that could have had them in extra innings for game 3 like Laviolette swinging at a very high ball 4 in the 9th . . .

Cajuns eliminated by A&M.
    Southern Miss eliminated by Tennessee.

Funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    their were if’s a lot closer to the end of the game that could have had them in extra innings for game 3 like Laviolette swinging at a very high ball 4 in the 9th . . .
    Don’t forget LaViolette got moved to CF from RF. He was several inches taller, May had kept the last HR in the park.

Good for the volunteers! (No NIL, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Bye bye Aggies. Maybe a fat cat supporter can cough up a couple of million to ease the pain.
    Maybe they can donate enough to move the world series sitw to texas

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    Good for the volunteers! (No NIL, right?)
    Well they did say volunteers, lmao

I remember having to move out of dorms before finals were even aover, but they let the athletes stay well into the summer?
    Or is all their stuff packed into their cars in a parking lot baking in the hot sun? Fascinating that we are told that all are treated just as regular students?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Trap request, obviously it would have to actually happen in order to to provide proof but it would be in every in-person conversation that day driving overall interest.

They already make money off of something as silly as eating hot dogs on that day.

That day is event hungry.

Baseball, Hotdogs, 4th of July.

So obvious.
    I'd say there was plenty of interest in baseball games between May 31-June 24. Think of the interest created by starting this postseason on Memorial Day with the bracket show and then having it play it out over a month. Moving the end back 2 weeks won't move the needle money wise.

The athletes are already out of school. The MLB draft is fast approaching. The NCAA won't move this back any more than it already is.

And you have no guarantee that the deciding championship game will be played on July 4.

14. Default Re: College World Series Brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    I'd say there was plenty of interest in baseball games between May 31-June 24. Think of the interest created by starting this postseason on Memorial Day with the bracket show and then having it play it out over a month. Moving the end back 2 weeks won't move the needle money wise.

The athletes are already out of school. The MLB draft is fast approaching. The NCAA won't move this back any more than it already is.

And you have no guarantee that the deciding championship game will be played on July 4.
    Truth in almost everything you said, especially about the NCAA not making a move, which is why I said "should" not thinking for a second they would. They’ve been known to have their head in the sand on more than a few issues.

Athletes out of school only affects a few schools who have players that incidentally want to play year-round anyway, not to mention it is a tournament.

The “plenty of interest” at the start of the tourney is very true as well, but it tends to be self-generating through self-interest. 64 teams provide “plenty of interest” but and however fans of schools not in the field tend to take an initial break but then do gravitate back toward the end of the tournament due to love of the sport.

I’m still talking about “should” and moving the end back 2 weeks will move the needle money wise simply because the added exposure will increase interest year round.

A July 4th finale will do what the Super Bowl does albeit on a much MUCH smaller scale, and that is get people who normally could care less about the sport to have games on wherever they are partying.

The MLB draft 10 days later would benefit as well.

Finally guaranteeing a July 4th finale is simple, schedule a Double Header.

Granted this is just my opinion, I have no proof. Enjoying the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Truth in almost everything you said, especially about the NCAA not making a move, which is why I said "should" not thinking for a second they would. They’ve been known to have their head in the sand on more than a few issues.

Athletes out of school only affects a few schools who have players that incidentally want to play year-round anyway, not to mention it is a tournament.

The “plenty of interest” at the start of the tourney is very true as well, but it tends to be self-generating through self-interest. 64 teams provide “plenty of interest” but and however fans of schools not in the field tend to take an initial break but then do gravitate back toward the end of the tournament due to love of the sport.

I’m still talking about “should” and moving the end back 2 weeks will move the needle money wise simply because the added exposure will increase interest year round.

A July 4th finale will do what the Super Bowl does albeit on a much MUCH smaller scale, and that is get people who normally could care less about the sport to have games on wherever they are partying.

The MLB draft 10 days later would benefit as well.

Finally guaranteeing a July 4th finale is simple, schedule a Double Header.

Granted this is just my opinion, I have no proof. Enjoying the conversation.
    Just curious, but for the teams who play in the Championship series, they are in Omaha over 2 weeks. That is a lot of expense for a university, not to mention fans who want to attend these games. Do universities absorb the expense, does the conference cover them, or does the NCAA cover them? This has to be the most expensive championship for a university as well as fans.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information