Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Its all about the experience.

99 percent go back again and again.

So to use a sports analogy, "winning" is only part of the equation.

The hope of experiencing a win is greater.
    IMO, the secondary reason for the elderly membership attendance is socialization. We all won’t be blessed to reach an age where church, doctors’ appointments and funerals are the only place we see a collection of friends and acquaintances.

2. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

we (including me) all have a habit these days of dwelling on only the negative

that is not because we’re necessarily negative people, but more because that’s what pumped into the airwaves, message boards and social media so much and purposefully so.

maybe we should intermittently do some inventory of the positives about University of Louisiana and being a Louisiana sports fan and the wonderful benefits and qualities of our great university

Give it a shot

3. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

that is not because we’re necessarily negative people, but more because that’s what pumped into the airwaves, message boards and social media so much and purposefully so.

maybe we should intermittently do some inventory of the positives about University of Louisiana and being a Louisiana sports fan and the wonderful benefits and qualities of our great university

Give it a shot
    Post of the day

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    IMO, the secondary reason for the elderly membership attendance is socialization. We all won’t be blessed to reach an age where church, doctors’ appointments and funerals are the only place we see a collection of friends and acquaintances.
    You pretty much summed up our fan base. It's aging. And the young fan base, not even including our own students, isn't being engaged.

5. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Going to the game or event shows you are willing to walk.

Accepting a ride does not imply lazy.

When hitchhiking was relatively safe, accepting a ride did not mean lazy.

Smart vendors look for any way possible to improve the experience.

rain

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    It's a company providing a good experience for their customers.

Maybe rail on the person waiting for the closest parking spot at red's as a sign of laziness. I've lost count of the times I've sat in my car cooling off after a workout and having someone sitting there waiting for me to leave.
    Checks notes: youre in the closer spot

arn't these people the "customer" in each instance (Red's and Slemco) just like Cajun fans are characterized on this board

maybe Cajun fans are soft for demanding all of the things they are demanding in the form of fan experience

KK might just have something here
    Initially i thought, great post as always, but then i reconsidered, and thought arent those labeled as slemco customers actually members or part owners AND at Red's while yes, both drivers/parkers are customers of Red's in actuality the problem of someone waiting is not a problem between red's and a customer but the two customers themselves

Give it a shot
    Spot on. You win the interwebs today.

10. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Initially i thought, great post as always, but then i reconsidered, and thought arent those labeled as slemco customers actually members or part owners AND at Red's while yes, both drivers/parkers are customers of Red's in actuality the problem of someone waiting is not a problem between red's and a customer but the two customers themselves
    customers, investors, members are really all interchangeable when it comes to this type of analysis

customers, investors, members are really all interchangeable when it comes to this type of analysis
    False because they dont all have the "right" to claim they are always right or should always be

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information