Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    SLEMCO went the extra mile back in ‘89 and the big freeze. They were going door to door in our subdivision checking on people, making sure heaters worked and of course promoting energy conversation. This was in the middle of the night.

Only thing that bugged me (don’t know if they still do this) was putting money aside to give customers when they died or moved away. Just seemed more logical to give customers that each month in decreased billing.
    That's their ownership stake they're getting. Basically cashing out since SLEMCO is a coop and customer owned.

On another note Slemco really needs to up the ante in it's scholarship giveaway. Been 2000 forever. Not even making a dent anymore when it comes to college cost. And to think at one time that 2 grand could pay for all four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I mean seriously why wouldnt you have shuttles on saturdays for football games? That seems like a great idea just drop them off by the baseball field?

Lazy or not who cares?
    I think at one time during Hud's tenure we were running shuttles from Blackham when people were parking and tailgating there.

Am I remembering that correctly?

Or maybe it was the Old Lourdes Parking garage

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I think at one time during Hud's tenure we were running shuttles from Blackham when people were parking and tailgating there.

Am I remembering that correctly?
    We were! I remember, think when they change the parking and everything up.

The biggest thing it isnt the walking, i still think it should be provided, it is parking across from CF, and not seeing anyone parking where the RV spots are. It is a clear open lot not being used for anything except for RV. That is why they need to move tailgating with food trucks, chairs, tables, tents, etc right there!

If i was thinking it i know other people are thinking the exact same thing. Got all that open space but here i am parking across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    We were! I remember, think when they change the parking and everything up.

The biggest thing it isnt the walking, i still think it should be provided, it is parking across from CF, and not seeing anyone parking where the RV spots are. It is a clear open lot not being used for anything except for RV. That is why they need to move tailgating with food trucks, chairs, tables, tents, etc right there!

If i was thinking it i know other people are thinking the exact same thing. Got all that open space but here i am parking across the street.
    Yes, you are correct about the bad optics of having empty parking lots next to the stadium. It makes casual fans think no one is at the games. (Until the last couple of seasons that wasnt really the case)

When the paid parking and tailgating system was first implemented, the RV spots were all sold with a waiting list. That hasn't been the case in several years unfortunately

Hopefully SLEMCO paid univ for using the property

You mean a company still gets people to go to a boring event by marketing and accommodating folks that normally wouldn't go to said event? Novel idea. Other people should try this.

8. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You mean a company still gets people to go to a boring event by marketing and accommodating folks that normally wouldn't go to said event? Novel idea. Other people should try this.
    lots of people in this statement

9. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Because people are conditioned to be outraged at everything in modern day society.
    Spot on. Outrage farming is a form of political messaging these days.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Saturday morning I was making my daily drive to Reds. As I was approaching Cajun Field driving toward Congress, I noticed the parking lot was full. While stopped at the light at CD Blvd and Congress I noticed it was the annual SLEMCO meeting going on. As I crossed congress I noticed there was a shuttle bus where the commuter students usually get on and off the bus at Cajun Field. Are we really that lazy as a society that people can no longer walk across the street? 10 or 15 years ago you wouldn’t of imagined having a shuttle to go across the street.

This made me think maybe the university should start offering a shuttle for those who park in the lots across Congress from Cajun field and complain about the long walk.

When did society get so freaking lazy?
    I'll be those same people don't bat an eye when they go to an LSU game and have to park and walk a half mile away yet complain about crossing Congress to Cajun Field. I guess it depends on what motivates you.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I'll be those same people don't bat an eye when they go to an LSU game and have to park and walk a half mile away yet complain about crossing Congress to Cajun Field. I guess it depends on what motivates you.
    I know we like to bring up this fact as a complaint as to people in Lafayette and their lack of enthusiasm of our program, but it's just a fact that people are willing to go through more BS and labor to attend a larger attraction.

Hell, I'd MUCH rather attend a venue with Geno Delafose performing than Taylor Swift. Guess which one the vast majority of people would be willing to walk two miles and pay $300/ticket to see live?

12. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

I don't know if noticing a change from past methods can be classified as outrage farming, or even approaching outrage.

13. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know if noticing a change from past methods can be classified as outrage farming, or even approaching outrage.
    The outrage is in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Soon as that car is given away, you’d swear someone yelled “fire”. It’s all about the prizes, no more, no less. And free coffee…

15. Default Re: Are we really getting that lazy as a society? (OT sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Soon as that car is given away, you’d swear someone yelled “fire”. It’s all about the prizes, no more, no less. And free coffee…
    Its all about the experience.

99 percent go back again and again.

So to use a sports analogy, "winning" is only part of the equation.

The hope of experiencing a win is greater.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information