Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: SB portal 2024

Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When Stefni was the pitching coach, Louisiana had its fair share of elite pitching.
    Yeah but nearly nobody would hit like they do today.

I don't believe any collegiate sport has evolved more than softball. Early on hitters were WAY behind pitchers. Power hitters were extremely rare, with the offensive game dominated by small ball and slap hitters.

The power and athleticism of hitters and hitting approach has grown dramatically in the last 10 years or so.

Also, the amount of programs now offering softball has dramatically increased, so the competition for 'elite' pitchers is even more intense.

All in all, the fact that UL has stayed a national power is truly incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I don't believe any collegiate sport has evolved more than softball. Early on hitters were WAY behind pitchers. Power hitters were extremely rare, with the offensive game dominated by small ball and slap hitters.

The power and athleticism of hitters and hitting approach has grown dramatically in the last 10 years or so.

Also, the amount of programs now offering softball has dramatically increased, so the competition for 'elite' pitchers is even more intense.

This guy gets it.

4. Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    She has two of those seasons. In my book elite.
    That would be correct!!!

5. Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post

Spot On!!’

6. Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Jordan Wallace swing and miss rate was ridiculous. Batting average against was definitely elite!!!
    Her final 2 years she developed control problems following injuries and walks became her biggest issue. As far as “stuff “, she was elite!
    Spit on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Yeah but nearly nobody would hit like they do today.
    And when Lotief was pitching coach, the SEC schools were just about starting to ramp up going "all in" on softball. The game is viewed completely different these days for the big money schools.

8. Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    And when Lotief was pitching coach, the SEC schools were just about starting to ramp up going "all in" on softball. The game is viewed completely different these days for the big money schools.
    What is that view?

UL Softball Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    What is that view?
    They are devoting resources to their Softball programs FAR beyond what they were doing 10 years ago. Oklahoma spends about half as much on Softball as we do on football, and most of the really major Softball programs are spending $3,000,000 per year or more on the sport.

10. Default Re: SB portal 2024

it is truly amazing that Louisiana has been able to continue to sign and keep the athletes in softball that we have had on the roster over the past 10 years

and I will say it again that if elite pitching is determined based upon wins and losses and especially upon wins(plural) at the WCWS, then in the history of softball, there have been very few elite pitchers ever play the game

otherwise, we have had several elite pitchers contribute at Louisiana and I for one refuse to rule Landry out

Kudo's to the coaches

11. Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    it is truly amazing that Louisiana has been able to continue to sign and keep the athletes in softball that we have had on the roster over the past 10 years

and I will say it again that if elite pitching is determined based upon wins and losses and especially upon wins(plural) at the WCWS, then in the history of softball, there have been very few elite pitchers ever play the game

otherwise, we have had several elite pitchers contribute at Louisiana and I for one refuse to rule Landry out

Kudo's to the coaches
    Nijarie Cannady in the portal. Go get her Gerry- we need her.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    From Stanford? Kind of an unrealistic request don't you think? I will be interesting to see where she ends up and what kind of NIL she gets.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    From Stanford? Kind of an unrealistic request don't you think? I will be interesting to see where she ends up and what kind of NIL she gets.
    The Cajuns will be in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    You a little late with the news. Two days late.

15. Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You a little late with the news. Two days late.
    Hmm I never saw you mention it either, so technically I beat you to the punch. But I’m not here to compete with anyone.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information