Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: SB portal 2024

1. Default Re: SB portal 2024

when you put College World Series wins (plural) in there, there will be very few elite pitchers in the history of softball . . .

2. Default Re: SB portal 2024

I’ll never forget that Jordan Wallace shutout of Arizona State in the supers. Winning 6-0 vs Dallas Escabido. That was awesome.

Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I’ll never forget that Jordan Wallace shutout of Arizona State in the supers. Winning 6-0 vs Dallas Escabido. That was awesome.
    She has two of those seasons. In my book elite.

Perspective seems to be quite difficult to grasp around here, especially relating to softball and baseball.

OU announced that over the next two weeks they will host NINE players from the transfer portal. They will not sign all of them but how do we compete with that?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    She has two of those seasons. In my book elite.
    I'm talking about an elite pitcher for her career. I am not talking about elite seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    OU announced that over the next two weeks they will host NINE players from the transfer portal. They will not sign all of them but how do we compete with that?
    You don't, but you have to work hard to find players like Ellestad and Roe. Might not be visiting Oklahoma, but certainly they can help the Cajuns. Baseball did the same thing with this year's team. We are not going to outbid the programs with NIL money.

You don't, but you have to work hard to find players like Ellestad and Roe. Might not be visiting Oklahoma, but certainly they can help the Cajuns. Baseball did the same thing with this year's team. We are not going to outbid the programs with NIL money.
    Exactly. Perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I'm talking about an elite pitcher for her career. I am not talking about elite seasons.
    So, there have been no elite pitchers since Brignac. But didn't you predict the Cajuns were going to be a Super Regional team this past season? How does not having elite pitching calculate to Super Regional teams in your predictions? I'm confused.

So, there have been no elite pitchers since Brignac. But didn't you predict the Cajuns were going to be a Super Regional team this past season? How does not having elite pitching calculate to Super Regional teams in your predictions? I'm confused.
    I think the pitching was good enough for Supers if we were healthy and played much better defense. We lost the finals of the regional because of poor fielding.

I never predicted that. Can you show me where I predicted that?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I think the pitching was good enough for Supers if we were healthy and played much better defense. We lost the finals of the regional because of poor fielding.
    This is correct.

Can't argue with the stats, but let me ask you was she better than Jordan Wallace? When I think of elite, I think of Kayla Hall, Ashley Brignac and Jordan Wallace. All three were highly recruited around the country. Landry came with those same type of accolades and can reach up to 67-68 mph. She has not lived up to hs pitcher ranking and hype yet. Summer clearly deserves to be mentioned in that group. I think it is fair to say that Summer isn't appreciated as much as she should have been by many including myself. It's also clear the Landry hasn't been close to any of those names.

Those three had Super Regional and WS wins against top teams. Unfortunately, we haven't had those types of arms including Summer. Someone mentioned Kleist, she didn't pitch an entire season and she left.
    I mentioned Kleist and I was answering the question as to what was the missing piece for our team to get back to the WCWS. I said elite ace pitching that can shut down potent lineups in the regionals.

Kleist was Pac-12 pitcher of the year and First team all-american at Oregon before transferring here. In her short covid year stint here she had wins vs #3 Texas and #7 LSU. Kleist and Ellyson were the type of pitching that could have got us to the WCWS to go with our hitting that year. It was very unfortunate we never got to see the results with the year never playing out.

Hopefully Landry can be that pitcher in her senior season in addition to others.

14. Default Re: SB portal 2024

thanks T

you have unequivocally proven that Louisiana softball has benefitted numourous times from elite pitching

like I posted earlier, if elite pitching requires the pitcher to have had multiple WCWS WINS, there would be very few in the history of college softball that would have reached that mark

if it was WCWS appearances, the a few more

let’s face it, because reaching a team goal is so much also dependent upon offense and defense other than pitching, there is almost impossible to have a realistic evaluation of a pitcher based upon team success

while team success should be a factor, it should be a small factor in the whole scheme of things

15. Default Re: SB portal 2024

When Stefni was the pitching coach, Louisiana had its fair share of elite pitching.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information