Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: SB portal 2024

Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Only piece we are missing is a dominant ace pitcher. We had two really good ones right when covid hit (Kleist/Ellyson), 2020, I believe. That was very unlucky. We’ve had some really good ace pitchers (Landry, Schorman) since but there’s a level of elite that can shut down the top 20 teams we meet in the regionals and it’s not easy to find those pitchers.
    Ellyson really any better than Landry? I've known her since middle school. She was a very good pitcher, but I would not consider her elite.

I think fans need to realize there is way more money budgeted for softball amongst the power conferences today than a decade ago. It will be very hard to find arms like Brignac in today's NIL environment.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Ellyson really any better than Landry? I've known her since middle school. She was a very good pitcher, but I would not consider her elite.

I think fans need to realize there is way more money budgeted for softball amongst the power conferences today than a decade ago. It will be very hard to find arms like Brignac in today's NIL environment.
    Not sure, but I thought the combo of Kleist/Ellyson could have made for a special postseason run.

I think we will always have great hitting under Glasco as proven in his tenure here and it will come down to pitching in the regionals. Keeping the schedule tough and getting that early season experience against the best top power conference bats also helps.

A 1.66 career ERA in over 760 innings pitched isn’t elite? Career stats for Sam and Summer just aren’t comparable. Regardless, Landry is an incredible pitcher, and we are lucky she chose to be a Cajun.

Biggest case you could make for Sam over Summer is that Sam is primed to have her best season as a Cajun in her Senior year. Summer just wasn’t the same by the time she left here. My guess would be from overuse. 2019: 270+ IP, 50 appearances, 24 complete games. In comparison, Sam has yet to be forced to throw 200 innings in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    A 1.66 career ERA in over 760 innings pitched isn’t elite? Career stats for Sam and Summer just aren’t comparable. Regardless, Landry is an incredible pitcher, and we are lucky she chose to be a Cajun.

Biggest case you could make for Sam over Summer is that Sam is primed to have her best season as a Cajun in her Senior year. Summer just wasn’t the same by the time she left here. My guess would be from overuse. 2019: 270+ IP, 50 appearances, 24 complete games. In comparison, Sam has yet to be forced to throw 200 innings in a season.
    Can't argue with the stats, but let me ask you was she better than Jordan Wallace? When I think of elite, I think of Kayla Hall, Ashley Brignac and Jordan Wallace. All three were highly recruited around the country. Landry came with those same type of accolades and can reach up to 67-68 mph. She has not lived up to hs pitcher ranking and hype yet. Summer clearly deserves to be mentioned in that group. I think it is fair to say that Summer isn't appreciated as much as she should have been by many including myself. It's also clear the Landry hasn't been close to any of those names.

Those three had Super Regional and WS wins against top teams. Unfortunately, we haven't had those types of arms including Summer. Someone mentioned Kleist, she didn't pitch an entire season and she left.

Ellison was much tougher mentally in the circle than Landry is.

So who ported out from the team?

Samantha Graeter

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Ellison was much tougher mentally in the circle than Landry is.
    No argument there.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    So who ported out from the team?
    Samantha Graeter and Taylor Roman.

Can't argue with the stats, but let me ask you was she better than Jordan Wallace? When I think of elite, I think of Kayla Hall, Ashley Brignac and Jordan Wallace. All three were highly recruited around the country. Landry came with those same type of accolades and can reach up to 67-68 mph. She has not lived up to hs pitcher ranking and hype yet. Summer clearly deserves to be mentioned in that group. I think it is fair to say that Summer isn't appreciated as much as she should have been by many including myself. It's also clear the Landry hasn't been close to any of those names.

Those three had Super Regional and WS wins against top teams. Unfortunately, we haven't had those types of arms including Summer. Someone mentioned Kleist, she didn't pitch an entire season and she left.
    In my opinion Jordan Wallace wasn't elite

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    In my opinion Jordan Wallace wasn't elite
    Look at her impact as a true freshman, career wins, wins against ranked teams, career SOs she is at the very top of RC Softball Pitcher career numbers. Who would you have as elite in the last 14 years? Just asking because opinions on elite seem to be different depending upon who answers the question.

Look at her impact as a true freshman, career wins, wins against ranked teams, career SOs she is at the very top of RC Softball Pitcher career numbers. Who would you have as elite in the last 14 years? Just asking because opinions on elite seem to be different depending upon who answers the question.
    Ashley and Brooke are the only elite pitchers that I can remember following. I went pass 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Ashley and Brooke are the only elite pitchers that I can remember following. I went pass 14 years.
    Ashley Brignac and Brooke Mitchell, no argument. Then add Kayla Hall too, right? I'm basically talking about the last decade.

Ashley in her freshman year was unreal. Injuries affected her thereafter.
    She was not only an amazing and dominating pitcher, she was a gifted student and now an established Chiropractor.

Ashley Brignac and Brooke Mitchell, no argument. Then add Kayla Hall too, right? I'm basically talking about the last decade.
    Last decade. Nobody

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information