Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: SB portal 2024

Default Re: SB portal 2024

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    We are living in good times now; even better times are ahead!

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I stand corrected. We are one of the most consistent programs out there in winning, but man I want to go to a WCWS badly. Not sure what piece of the puzzle we’re missing.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    We are living in good times now; even better times are ahead!

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I stand corrected. We are one of the most consistent programs out there in winning, but man I want to go to a WCWS badly. Not sure what piece of the puzzle we’re missing.
    Do you even go too the games or support the team in any form or fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Do you even go too the games or support the team in any form or fashion?
    Season ticket-holder - Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Only piece we are missing is a dominant ace pitcher. We had two really good ones right when covid hit (Kleist/Ellyson), 2020, I believe. That was very unlucky. We’ve had some really good ace pitchers (Landry, Schorman) since but there’s a level of elite that can shut down the top 20 teams we meet in the regionals and it’s not easy to find those pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Only piece we are missing is a dominant ace pitcher. We had two really good ones right when covid hit (Kleist/Ellyson), 2020, I believe. That was very unlucky. We’ve had some really good ace pitchers (Landry, Schorman) since but there’s a level of elite that can shut down the top 20 teams we meet in the regionals and it’s not easy to find those pitchers.
    Very few elite pitchers in softball these days.

Very few elite pitchers in softball these days.
    While I think some fans still think there’s a Kyla Hall out there, most realize those days are long gone. It’s a different game, and the hitters are too good.

But I do believe UL has to upgrade if we’re thinking WCWS. I think our top 2 pitchers are very good (NCAA Regional good, which is saying something).

Like others have said, there’s a consistent middle of the lineup threat missing. Many programs may think they are 1-2 players away from being a legit WCWS threat. But pretty clear Cajuns are truly in that category.

8. Default Re: SB portal 2024

it’s not the same game as it was when we made more appearances at the CWS because conferences like the SEC and ACC have substantially stepped up their game and resources allocated to Softball in the past 15 years or so thus the competition for the few elite pitchers thst are out there is much greater

I still believe we have failed to advance of recent in more instances because of the lack of offense and in some instances defense than because of pitching

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    While I think some fans still think there’s a Kyla Hall out there, most realize those days are long gone. It’s a different game, and the hitters are too good.

But I do believe UL has to upgrade if we’re thinking WCWS. I think our top 2 pitchers are very good (NCAA Regional good, which is saying something).

Like others have said, there’s a consistent middle of the lineup threat missing. Many programs may think they are 1-2 players away from being a legit WCWS threat. But pretty clear Cajuns are truly in that category.
    What hurt this season is Allred being out the season, Campbell quiting a 1/3 of the way into the season and Piskos being out a 1/2 season.

What hurt this season is Allred being out the season, Campbell quiting a 1/3 of the way into the season and Piskos being out a 1/2 season.
    Yep. Those three left a huge void in our power hitting capability. No doubt. No way to know if having them onboard would have moved us past our regional but it surely didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Yep. Those three left a huge void in our power hitting capability. No doubt. No way to know if having them onboard would have moved us past our regional but it surely didn't help.
    Yes definitely didn’t help. Again, we’re talking WCWS here. If that’s the goal, still need to upgrade the middle of the lineup.

What we have/had (with a healthy Allred) is pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post

They are only losing one senior who was in a reserve role. Most of the returning players have been starters for 2 or 3 years. When they add another piece or two along with Allred's return they will be dangerous. Stay tuned my friend.

13. Default Re: SB portal 2024

They are only losing one senior who was in a reserve role. Most of the returning players have been starters for 2 or 3 years. When they add another piece or two along with Allred's return they will be dangerous. Stay tuned my friend.
    Allred wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when she decided to take a red shirt year. Maybe her oblique injury had something to do with her lack of offense this past season. Maybe not. She definitely needs to return to her freshman form for UL to have a successful run next season.

Her returning does bring up an interesting dilemma for Glasco. Where does he move Roe? Does he keep Credeur at DH? Somebody is going to be the odd man out next year between Roe, Credeur, Allred, Langeliers, Ellestad & Vasquez. If Stutes has a hot bat in the fall, she will be in the mix also.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Allred wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when she decided to take a red shirt year. Maybe her oblique injury had something to do with her lack of offense this past season. Maybe not. She definitely needs to return to her freshman form for UL to have a successful run next season.

Her returning does bring up an interesting dilemma for Glasco. Where does he move Roe? Does he keep Credeur at DH? Somebody is going to be the odd man out next year between Roe, Credeur, Allred, Langeliers, Ellestad & Vasquez. If Stutes has a hot bat in the fall, she will be in the mix also.
    Her injury did contribute to her start. I agree if she could repeat her freshman numbers it would be a big help. I know Lauren personally, don't bet against her. She will be ready to play in 2025. I also agree Stutes could factor in. Nobody will be the odd man out. Stay Tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post

Hopefully there are a lot of difficult decisions because so many players are playing well. Vasquez is the key, in my opinion. If she can keep getting better on offense, her defense is so good it is a huge win-win. However, if her offense slips, that causes even more difficult decisions.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information