Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Assuming the exodus is over now and that’s a relief. Let’s focus on our team now. Anxious to see some good news on players this staff will bring in.
    I just find it strange that on the day the 2025 roster is released, which she is listed, she announces that she is going to OU.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    I just find it strange that on the day the 2025 roster is released, which she is listed, she announces that she is going to OU.
    She was still listed on the roster because she hadn't officially announced her new designation. Nothing is strange about that.

3. Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

It was a pickle point.

Assume a player is leaving, and treat them as such, you pretty much guarantee they are leaving when perhaps there was a chance they stayed.

She's not on the roster today. Only 17 on current roster including incoming freshmen.

Today is a new day for Cajun Softball! I believe this is the first day of a new era and the beginning of great things to come.

6. Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Today is a new day for Cajun Softball! I believe this is the first day of a new era and the beginning of great things to come.
    Hear Hear!!! I'm for this, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Hear Hear!!! I'm for this, too!
    Let’s hope we get a pitcher, catcher and 3rd baseman soon…

Let’s hope we get a pitcher, catcher and 3rd baseman soon…
    You do realize that amount of talent that left via the portal right? You do realize Coach Aly has a late start to the portal and most of the good talent is gone at this point? Coach Aly will get some portal kids and the staff will need to coach them up. Your expectations might be a little high for year one. Stay tuned this week the program will get some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You do realize that amount of talent that left via the portal right? You do realize Coach Aly has a late start to the portal and most of the good talent is gone at this point? Coach Aly will get some portal kids and the staff will need to coach them up. Your expectations might be a little high for year one. Stay tuned this week the program will get some good news.
    You have no clue what my expectations are so stay in your lane. I like what we have at the other positions and I think those are positions of need in order to keep this train going. Of course our new staff will need time to get their players in.

You have no clue what my expectations are so stay in your lane. I like what we have at the other positions and I think those are positions of need in order to keep this train going. Of course our new staff will need time to get their players in.
    Why don't you tell us your expectations for the 2025 season then.

We just lost our two main arms. We lost an excellent catcher. I expect growing pains. Iron sharpens iron.
    We will be fine but I’m expecting that 2025 season will be challenging and understandable if we’re not dominating.
    But I can dream.

12. Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Exciting times

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    We just lost our two main arms. We lost an excellent catcher. I expect growing pains. Iron sharpens iron.
    We will be fine but I’m expecting that 2025 season will be challenging and understandable if we’re not dominating.
    But I can dream.
    Currently have no proven major D1 arm or catcher. Have some solid D1 position players and some high level potential 18 yo’s. This year is about development. And it’s pretty clear this coaching staff is ready for the challenge. Looking forward to the roller coaster ride.

14. UL Softball Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Didn't Sam Roe, who played 1b in '24 play catcher on the World Series team that Florida had in 2022?? Don't we have incoming freshmen that could fill 3b and catcher? Dayzja Williams can play center field. Lilly Soto can play 1b and Gabbie Stutes can play 3b. I really think we will be "good to go". Not at all bad. Pitching will be the Question.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Currently have no proven major D1 arm or catcher. Have some solid D1 position players and some high level potential 18 yo’s. This year is about development. And it’s pretty clear this coaching staff is ready for the challenge. Looking forward to the roller coaster ride.
    Delbrey was 22-6 in two seasons with the Gators and Sam Roe was the catcher. They both played in the WCWS. They are proven.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread Information