Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Hoping for the best, but it sounds like our 8+-year run of not losing a conference series may be in serious jeopardy this year. We may just have to start another one next year after Aly gets her players on board.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He wasn't forced out? LOL
    My impression is he left because of a job opening where he could count on a lot more NIL money than UL was able/willing to generate. If that's your definition of being forced out, I guess that makes sense. I hadn't heard anything from MH/Reinhardt that would make me think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Hoping for the best, but it sounds like our 8+-year run of not losing a conference series may be in serious jeopardy this year. We may just have to start another one next year after Aly gets her players on board.
    We lost a lot of players when ML left, and we didn't miss much of a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    My impression is he left because of a job opening where he could count on a lot more NIL money than UL was able/willing to generate. If that's your definition of being forced out, I guess that makes sense. I hadn't heard anything from MH/Reinhardt that would make me think otherwise.
    Thats not my definition. And most of what you posted isnt true. Like I said it will all come out one day. For the record I am glad Aly is the new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    My understanding of why he left was for 2 main reasons, NIL and UL not letting him hire his daughter. I don't believe that has ever been mentioned, but I did get this from a very reliable source that is not on RaginPagin at all. And though I have no way of knowing for a fact, I honestly believe the NIL would have not caused him to leave if he was able to hire his daughter here. UL administration or Maggard told him it would be considered nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I'm not sure you know who CajunSball22 is. I will not tell you who he is but he has more softball insider knowledge than anyone on this board. He also has more overall baseball and softball experience than anyone on this board. I have been knowing him all my life
    I don’t know who this person is, and I’m assuming he’s highly knowledgeable in softball (and apparently baseball)

Stating that he’s knows more about both sports than anyone on this board is a bold statement without knowing who everyone on the board is.

And knowing him your whole life isn’t the proof of that you seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I don’t know who this person is, and I’m assuming he’s highly knowledgeable in softball (and apparently baseball)

Stating that he’s knows more about both sports than anyone on this board is a bold statement without knowing who everyone on the board is.

And knowing him your whole life isn’t the proof of that you seem to think it is.
    Jmv told me that CajunSball22 is Mike Loteif. He asked me not tell anyone so don’t say I told you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    UL administration or Maggard told him it would be considered nepotism.
    Unless something has changed that is state law. Admin nor Maggard can change that. The Lotief's got around it by being co-head coaches. Pretty sure it was a similar situation with J. Kelley Hall and his wife for women's basketball.

I truly believe the only people dissappointed with the whole situation are a very few fans. Glassco is back in an area he loves with great NIL money and his daughter. We get a coach everyone has talked about for at least a decade.

I had the oppurtunity to visit with Geri Ann on a few occassions before her tragic passing. Awesome person and as a parent I can't even imagine losing a child. So I'm sure the opportunity to spend time with Tara at Texas Tech was a big motivator.

Life is a LOT bigger than the diamond and I personally will lean on the fact that as a whole I believe there are a lot of people on both sides happy with the outcome. I think the same will be said for Cajun softball fans as a whole as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Unless something has changed that is state law. Admin nor Maggard can change that. The Lotief's got around it by being co-head coaches. Pretty sure it was a similar situation with J. Kelley Hall and his wife for women's basketball.

I truly believe the only people dissappointed with the whole situation are a very few fans. Glassco is back in an area he loves with great NIL money and his daughter. We get a coach everyone has talked about for at least a decade.

I had the oppurtunity to visit with Geri Ann on a few occassions before her tragic passing. Awesome person and as a parent I can't even imagine losing a child. So I'm sure the opportunity to spend time with Tara at Texas Tech was a big motivator.

Life is a LOT bigger than the diamond and I personally will lean on the fact that as a whole I believe there are a lot of people on both sides happy with the outcome. I think the same will be said for Cajun softball fans as a whole as well.
    Perfect post.

10. Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Perfect post.
    So nepotism is ok as long as the positions are equal?
    Why couldnt daughter have been co-head coach then as well?

Hudspeth's son coached or was a grad assistant

Wasnt austin robe the operations person for baseball?

I remember numerous husband and wife tandems on academic faculty esp. Acctg dept

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

Great post. Especially "Life is a LOT bigger than the diamond and I personally will lean on the fact that as a whole I believe there are a lot of people on both sides happy with the outcome. I think the same will be said for Cajun softball fans as a whole as well."

12. Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Why dont coaches at least have to give 2 weeks notice like every other known industry

13. Default

First time i didnt hear or read that a new hire was pending subject to approval of the state or system board, did they finally streamline or discard that process?

Mayne add board approval needed to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Why dont coaches at least have to give 2 weeks notice like every other known industry
    What are you babbling about?

Two weeks notice, in many professional industries, is pretty much a courtesy. In my line of work, you can give a two weeks notice to let your leaders/company know. They may want you to hang around to help close some stuff out, but you’re not required. They can also tell you (or have security) pack your ____ within 24 hours of your “two weeks” notice.

15. Default Re: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    What are you babbling about?

Two weeks notice, in many professional industries, is pretty much a courtesy. In my line of work, you can give a two weeks notice to let your leaders/company know. They may want you to hang around to help close some stuff out, but you’re not required. They can also tell you (or have security) pack your ____ within 24 hours of your “two weeks” notice.
    Right, but its the companys choice. And like you said a courtesy, so why are coaches not held to standard of being courteous. Meanwhile we let napier stay too long, so go figure

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information