Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Softball Transfer Portal

1. Default Re: Sam Graeter

Speaking of playing time, if NIL is a transacrional mindset, aka pay for play from a cost/value per hour persepctive, wouldnt less playing time make whatever NIL received actually more valuable.
    Would i rather make 100 dollars an hour playing 1 hour or 20 dollars an hour playing 5?

Default Re: Sam Graeter

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    How do we decide who we are happy for in portal and who we hate and who can come back and who cant?
    It's up to you and it's on a case-by-case basis. To me, they tend to fall into 2 categories that I personally think of differently.

My take is that if you were under-utilized, stuck behind someone else, or just generally lacked playing time, go where you think you can get what you want. Wargo in baseball. Didn't play much, but contributed when he did. Next year was supposed to be his year to start but Jose had a breakout year. Hate to lose him but wish him well.

If you are leaving chasing NIL, a bigger name University, following a coach. It's a business. Save your social media post (that's mostly self-serving, anyway.) Pack it up and move on. It's about the name across the front of the jersey and you don't represent our university anymore. Think Zeon, Lacy, Brown and now Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    It's up to you and it's on a case-by-case basis. To me, they tend to fall into 2 categories that I personally think of differently.

My take is that if you were under-utilized, stuck behind someone else, or just generally lacked playing time, go where you think you can get what you want. Wargo in baseball. Didn't play much, but contributed when he did. Next year was supposed to be his year to start but Jose had a breakout year. Hate to lose him but wish him well.

If you are leaving chasing NIL, a bigger name University, following a coach. It's a business. Save your social media post (that's mostly self-serving, anyway.) Pack it up and move on. It's about the name across the front of the jersey and you don't represent our university anymore. Think Zeon, Lacy, Brown and now Davis.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

This is reasonable, and how we all should view it.

5. Default Re: Sam Graeter

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    This is reasonable, and how we all should view it.
    wait, now you going to decide how I should view things . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I mean. . . If you WANT to be wrong, you're welcome to form your own opinion. If you want to be right, listen to the ole boy James. LoL

7. Default Re: Sam Graeter

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I mean. . . If you WANT to be wrong, you're welcome to form your own opinion. If you want to be right, listen to the ole boy James. LoL
    . . . next you will be telling us what rings to wear and the color of underwear which is acceptable . . . Whew

Pot meet kettle

9. Default Re: Sam Graeter

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Pot meet kettle
    your point?

10. Default Re: Sam Graeter

your point?
    I think he is saying you are a "pottle"

A gallon half empty kind of guy.

Not agreeing, just saying.

11. Default Re: Sam Graeter

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I think he is saying you are a, "pottle"

A gallon half empty kind of guy.
    my gallon is full . . . what you put in your gallon is totally your prerogative . . . If what is in my gallon is persuasive or lacks any relevance at all to you, each is perfectly fine with me, also . . .

12. Default Re: Sam Graeter

my gallon is full . . . what you put in your gallon is totally your prerogative . . . If what is in my gallon is persuasive or lacks any relevance at all to you, each is perfectly fine with me, also . . .
    Contain yourself, not if you're a pottle.

A pottle poured into an empty gallon is always half full and half empty.

This is for Foote.

. . . next you will be telling us what rings to wear and the color of underwear which is acceptable . . . Whew
    Vermilion red is always the right answer.

your point?
    Not sure if serious

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Contain yourself, not if you're a pottle.

A pottle poured into an empty gallon is always half full and half empty.

This is for Foote.
    "It don't matta wedda ya glass is haff full or haff ampty. . . Cuz either way you gonna need some more damn wadda!"

- PooPoo Broussard

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information