Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Texas State: Take Back Texas Tour

Default Re: Texas State: Take Back Texas Tour

Our fan apathy starts at the top with our university President and Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics. They underfund our athletics and passively & actively discourage fan engagement. They actively push students away and passively engage fans with poor communication, transparency, marketing, and fund raising. RCAF is even unnecessarily complicated. They get what they put into it. It’s part of the reason for low fan attendance at football and basketball games. The fans are missing in action just like our mascot.

I’ve suggested a bus tour for years. A bus tour would have been optimal for UL when Coach Des, Coach Gray, and the RCAF Director were all new. It would have given the new & old fans an opportunity to meet them. I am frustrated making suggestions here and emailing them to administrators with no response. I have now moved on from anger and apathy to acceptance. Louisiana for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Don't know what we would be scared of. If anything, I would also be running promotions in Texas as well.
    We don’t like it when in-state schools get mad at us. It’s too worrisome for Martin Hall.

If Texas State keeps this up, we’ll be looking up at them in football. What a joy to think about.

Another (smaller) school doing something similar

Name:  IMG_4176.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  114.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Don't know what we would be scared of. If anything, I would also be running promotions in Texas as well.
    It wasn’t but 11-12 years ago when we had 300+ people show up at a crawfish boil in Houston with Hud…

5. Default Re: Take Back Texas Tour with GJ Kinne Set for June, July

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    No doubt. The NIL/ unlimited transfer portal issue probably contributes to most of the apathy.

Why get financially or emotionally attached when if you are successful it all gets taken away
    This is mine and I bet 95% of others' feelings in a nutshell. I don't see ever returning to pre-2021 either. The lack of media coverage also hurts. I would tune into 1420 regularly to hear anything UL-related. Now, the flagship has zero local programming. The one entity that does cover UL exclusively, Ragin Review, has been blackballed because they don't "fall in line" with Reinhardt Dr. It is the lowest I have seen our program in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That involves work. And enthusiasm. And passion. And personality. And using the front porch name consistently, not giving mixed messaging.

When freaking Nicholls State is making inroads to Iberia Parish, we got someone asleep at the switch.
    Same with McNeese in Vermilion.

This should not be happening.

7. Default Re: Texas State: Take Back Texas Tour

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That involves work. And enthusiasm. And passion. And personality. And using the front porch name consistently, not giving mixed messaging.

When freaking Nicholls State is making inroads to Iberia Parish, we got someone asleep at the switch.
    tell us more about the Nichols INROADS into Iberia Parish so we can understand your point

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information