Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

I always thought Jack seemed to get squeezed in his strike zone - through no fault of his own. If he was missing when he had control problems, he wasn't missing by much. at least in the last third of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN11 View Post
    funny you say that. Spoke to his dad at the regional, he said he over thinks everything. It's all mental he said. He did say 8 pro teams were talking to him. Surprised by this transfer.
    Thanks for that.

Mental issues does not always equal not tough and not water hose mentality. Sometimes, athletes put a ton of pressure on themselves, pressure no one else is putting on them, because they want to do right by their teammates, and they are busting their asses but for some reason, can't break through with the consistent results.

I dealt with it at UL, and I've got a kid who dealt with it till their sport became no more fun for her, and they moved on. It ain't always because lack of effort or lack of trying to work even harder than every one else day after day. Cajun77 has even discussed these issues here from his experience in his line of work.

I hope Jack finds success. I've been rooting even harder for him ever since Minute Maid.

Football NIL$ = 14mil
    Baseball NIL$= 1.5 mil
    Mens Basketball NIL$= 6 mil
    Womens Basketball NIL$= 800K
    Softball NIL$= 600k

Other sports NIL$= 50K

To be a top tier program.

One thing with NIL and the court ruling, EVERYONE gets a “taste” now where before the top flight players got paid over and beyond. It’s nuts.

I was going to say to hell with him.

But, I remember very clearly his walk back to our bench from the mound. There was no "defying orders" (as it looked to me - only my take, with little to NONE info on the situation). For every action there is a r. This could be it. Once again though, I know NOTHING. We were on the path to beating Vandy and I definitely get emotion running very high in that moment. Interesting detail, does anyone else remember the wind increasing right before that swing (and blowing to left.) It was noted by the commentators. Talk about bad timing. Anyhow, recruiting continues and I believe we are building one bad mutha.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Just curious, but how much NIL money on average would be needed yearly to attract the type of players you want to play here?

Can even try and break it down per sport:

Football NIL$
    Baseball NIL$
    Mens Basketball NIL$
    Womens Basketball NIL$
    Softball NIL$

Other sports NIL$

To be a top tier program, what figure should we have next to each sport?
    Football NIL $3M
    Basketball NIL $3M
    Baseball NIL $3M
    Softball NIL $3M
    Track NIL $3M
    Soccer NIL $1M

You’d compete for Nattys in every sport except football.

7. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

so, how do we get from hundreds to millions?

hundreds is where we are at unless somebody knows of a money tree or money bush that has not been disclosed here

help me Rhonda, help help me Rhonda

Soccer and track don’t pay the bills…. Move 90% of the money to fooooooossssball!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Jack leaving hurts no matter how you shake it up and throw it out there.

He is gone so it’s time to move on, but maybe LEARN something from it
    What is there for us to learn, oh wise one who does nothing but try to preach from his broken high horse on here?

10. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    What is there for us to learn, oh wise one who does nothing but try to preach from his broken high horse on here?
    two things

we don’t have the $$$ to compete in the portal

there is zero upside to people who don’t put up enough money to compete in the portal coming here and tearing down our athletes playing here for free

11. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Oh, a third

getting rid of the chant “another Louisiana first down” won’t put one more fan in the stadium or make one not come to the stadium because it is used

12. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Soccer and track don’t pay the bills…. Move 90% of the money to fooooooossssball!
    if I remember correct, no sport at Louisiana pays the bills . . . every single one is under water

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Football NIL $3M
    Basketball NIL $3M
    Baseball NIL $3M
    Softball NIL $3M
    Track NIL $3M
    Soccer NIL $1M

You’d compete for Nattys in every sport except football.
    I’m talking about individual players. If we have a player leave for say 20k, here’s the door. That’s not life changing and not a team player so I don’t want you anyway.

Edit: thought it was a response to my earlier post. Still ask the question. In diamond sports, what’s the going rate and how many are there?

Folks also need to realize that most transfers have nothing to do with NIL. Even some of these SEC/ACC guys moving to other SEC/ACC schools.

Guys have been transferring in baseball forever. The vast majority won’t receive any money to do so.

15. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Folks also need to realize that most transfers have nothing to do with NIL. Even some of these SEC/ACC guys moving to other SEC/ACC schools.

Guys have been transferring in baseball forever. The vast majority won’t receive any money to do so.
    there is no doubt about that with over 3,000 in the portal

where it gets tough is that if you lose your better players in the portal because someone else will pay them but you acquire what would be a trade down in talent by receiving a player nobody will pay for, then your talent level will naturally go down

you have used the portal but are you really doing any good

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information