Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

I know some were hoping for Jack to move along, but he had a lot of potential. Was really hoping he would work through his control issues here and reach that potential next year.

CNBC interviewed the former head football coach of Coastal Carolina who was also the CEO of Ameritrade. He stated the average NIL deal was around $3500 and most did not have any deals

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Not sure if this was stated already and I missed it from all of the personal quarrels happening, but Jack Martinez name just appeared in the d1 portal. Disappointing as I expected him to have a major role next year.
    Soft. Let him go.

Not sure if this was stated already and I missed it from all of the personal quarrels happening, but Jack Martinez name just appeared in the d1 portal. Disappointing as I expected him to have a major role next year.
    Thank you for the update. I was still holding out hope he would return next year as he has talent but not shocked he is in the portal.

Wish him the best, but I didn't see a major role for him next season. He has 1st class stuff, but definitely not that mental toughness. When I watched him pitch, I sure didn't see any 'water hose' in him.

6. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Wish him the best, but I didn't see a major role for him next season. He has 1st class stuff, but definitely not that mental toughness. When I watched him pitch, I sure didn't see any 'water hose' in him.
    funny you say that. Spoke to his dad at the regional, he said he over thinks everything. It's all mental he said. He did say 8 pro teams were talking to him. Surprised by this transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Just curious, but how much NIL money on average would be needed yearly to attract the type of players you want to play here?

Can even try and break it down per sport:

Football NIL$
    Baseball NIL$
    Mens Basketball NIL$
    Womens Basketball NIL$
    Softball NIL$

Other sports NIL$

To be a top tier program, what figure should we have next to each sport?
    Football = $5M
    Baseball = $0.75M
    Men's Basketball = $1.75M
    Women's Basketball = No clue
    Softball = $400k

8. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Football = $5M
    Baseball = $0.75M
    Softball = $400k
    How much of this do we have in hand?

Football = $5M
    Baseball = $0.75M
    Softball = $400k
    I heard Softball needs $500K

Out of curiosity, what do people consider "life changing" or "worth it" money to influence where players go. I'm speaking more for diamond sports. Playing time, facilities, coaching, etc are all things that were previously in play. What amount of money are we talking and how many in the player pool actual warrant that amount of money?

11. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Football = $5M
    Baseball = $0.75M
    Softball = $400k
    we have 600 confirmed . . .

12. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Thank you for the update. I was still holding out hope he would return next year as he has talent but not shocked he is in the portal.
    ……Well whatever school gets him will have told him how they will fix ANY PITCHING PROBLEMS that he might have had with the Cajuns…oh and some NIL bucks!

13. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……Well whatever school gets him will have told him how they will fix ANY PITCHING PROBLEMS that he might have had with the Cajuns…oh and some NIL bucks!
    we might have to sell our Kangols to get that NIL pot up a couple hundred

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I know some were hoping for Jack to move along, but he had a lot of potential. Was really hoping he would work through his control issues here and reach that potential next year.
    I wanted him to stay the whole time. The issue at Minute Maid Classic honestly didn't bother me. There's no way that the first time that has ever happened in our dugout, or any other college baseball dugout. The cameras just happened to be on him at that time, and some ____-stirrers on Tweeter thought it would be awesome for their personal careers and attention-whoring to perpetuate it.

Had Jack been a locker room problem, he would not have kept appearing in some key games/moments for us. He finished the season 4-3 with 2 saves, after starting 0-2 early. He showed improvement. Yes, he appears to be streaky with control, so it may just be a mental game for him to work out. But if he can put it all together, seems like he could have been a weekend starter next season, or a go-to relief guy, especially if LP leaves for pro ball.

15. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I wanted him to stay the whole time. The issue at Minute Maid Classic honestly didn't bother me. There's no way that the first time that has ever happened in our dugout, or any other college baseball dugout. The cameras just happened to be on him at that time, and some ____-stirrers on Tweeter thought it would be awesome for their personal careers and attention-whoring to perpetuate it.

Had Jack been a locker room problem, he would not have kept appearing in some key games/moments for us. He finished the season 4-3 with 2 saves, after starting 0-2 early. He showed improvement. Yes, he appears to be streaky with control, so it may just be a mental game for him to work out. But if he can put it all together, seems like he could have been a weekend starter next season, or a go-to relief guy, especially if LP leaves for pro ball.
    Jack leaving hurts no matter how you shake it up and throw it out there.

He is gone so it’s time to move on, but maybe LEARN something from it

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information