Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

1. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    all of that and $$$$ too . . . you bet ya its appealing to any 17 to 22 year old kid
    You excell in how to say the same dribble over and over a thousand ways. We get it now lets discuss how to attract players in other ways, they won't all get paid.

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

go to the portal, go to the portal, go to the portal

you hear it here everyday like it’s a real solution

try going to the store with little or no money and see how successful you are comimg home with the groceries

that’s about what it’s like for a Louisiana coach going to the portal

he can shop the 3 for 10 wine isle, the day old bread rack and the chicken wings for meat that are about to expire in a day or two
    how much do you contibute to our NIL collective?
    if you dont already, you can lieterally start to put your moeny where your mouth is.
    https://kreweallons.com/

3. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    how much do you contibute to our NIL collective?
    if you dont already, you can lieterally start to put your moeny where your mouth is.
    https://kreweallons.com/
    you go first

4. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    As of today the only Cajuns in the portal are the players that were cut in May.
    ….Who are they???

you go first
    $50 a month since the basketball event. Not very much but it’s what I can do. I’m not the one telling people what they should and shouldn’t think about NIL and college sports either.

Hopefully any players that do enter the portal do so soon so plans can be made to replace them.

No hard feelings, go do the best you can for yourself. Just please don’t do it at the last moment and hang your current teammates and coaches out to dry.

7. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….Who are they???
    I would assume.

Josh Alexander
    Brendan moody
    Colton Ryls
    Zach storborken

Guessing it’s just Alexander and Ryals

Moody and Storbakken were seniors this year

9. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

$50 a month since the basketball event. Not very much but it’s what I can do. I’m not the one telling people what they should and shouldn’t think about NIL and college sports either.
    I’m just giving facts

people can think and give what they want

but to constantly show up here and think they can change, the NCAA can change or the Sunbelt can what the Supreme Court created with respect to NIL, they are fooling themselves

those that routinely complain that we are not using the portal enough without any money are fooling themselves also

if you have a problem with me reminding those that don’t seem to understand or accept the above how this works, too bad

10. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Things will change, you can count on it.

Those who thought of scenarios in advance will come out ahead.

Those who start thinking about the change when it happens, will be left behind.

Nothing in athletics is static.

I’m just giving facts

people can think and give what they want

but to constantly show up here and think they can change, the NCAA can change or the Sunbelt can what the Supreme Court created with respect to NIL, they are fooling themselves

those that routinely complain that we are not using the portal enough without any money are fooling themselves also

if you have a problem with me reminding those that don’t seem to understand or accept the above how this works, too bad
    People said the same thing about players being legally paid for 100 of years. It will change, its unsustainable. If you really think the kids and their parents will control the flow of money forever you are the dilusional one. The people who have the money will eventually control this, its just a matter of time until they figure out how. It wont be long.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Things will change, you can count on it.

Those who thought of scenarios in advance will come out ahead.

Those who start thinking about the change when it happens, will be left behind.

Nothing in athletics is static.
    bingo

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Guessing it’s just Alexander and Ryals

Moody and Storbakken were seniors this year
    Alexander was a senior too.

14. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

People said the same thing about players being legally paid for 100 of years. It will change, its unsustainable. If you really think the kids and their parents will control the flow of money forever you are the dilusional one. The people who have the money will eventually control this, its just a matter of time until they figure out how. It wont be long.
    Ok, you tell me who is going to control it? I will sit here and wait.

15. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

the same people still have the money and it’s not schools like Louisiana or fans of schools like Louisiana

before NIL, the money was under the table

we didn’t have the money to compete then but those with the money had at least a more difficult path when it was illegal

also, there was a one year sit out period

that is gone, forever

now that we have NIL and it is legal, those with the money are now ever so much more powerful, especially with the no sit rule

we still have virtually no money in comparison

for all practical purposes, it’s worse now that it is legal then before it was legal

now, show me the delusion in what I have said since the Supreme Court made NIL legal

show me where we now have an advantage that we did not have before

then when you add free transfer without having to sit out, those with the money just take the few good players we managed to get here and develop . . . once our players that we do get here show promise, they no longer have to sit to get their now above the table money

please help me and point out what is delusional about all of this . . .

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information