Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

So the Samantha chick, face of the Softball program wants to ride out? Open the door and don't let it hit her on the way out.

Football though, this is now the landscape forever. And Football is the biggest by far Rocking Chair on the front porch. Have to come up with more $ to compete, or, no compete.

LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    So the Samantha chick, face of the Softball program wants to ride out? Open the door and don't let it hit her on the way out.
    Think you got your Samantha’s mixed up there.

I think that is true for fans of many schools. People may lose interest on college sports at our level throughout the nation without some type of structure returning.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Think you got your Samantha’s mixed up there.
    Probably so, lol.

My point is thus, everyone (including other UL programs) need to Unite in a way that streamlines more $ to Football, or, no compete. Forget about P5 or P4, we have to beat the Belt.

Anyone seen Earl K. Long lately? Head on over to campus and see for yourself.

Think I read that there's over 3000 baseball players in the portal. Now some are players who have no D1 eligibility left but can play D2 or D3 somehow with the Covid rules. Many of these players won't find a new school & are railroading their own baseball career. Everyone thinks of pulling D1 players out the portal but the real diamonds are in the lower levels. UCONN just won their regional with 9 lower level transfers, many who played for the top programs in the northeast. It's terrible for high school kids like the ones I'm working with but that's the new landscape.

The new landscape is $.

Everyone remember what the ncaa did to us in the early 70's.

Always has | $ | Always will | $ |

Back to the original question…has anyone in the team put their name in the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    This was the first comment I saw when I opened this thread. I was waiting for "Sam Landry in the portal." That would have really sucked.

9. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

go to the portal, go to the portal, go to the portal

you hear it here everyday like it’s a real solution

try going to the store with little or no money and see how successful you are comimg home with the groceries

that’s about what it’s like for a Louisiana coach going to the portal

he can shop the 3 for 10 wine isle, the day old bread rack and the chicken wings for meat that are about to expire in a day or two

10. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    fan apathy will do nothing towards depriving athletes of their constitutional right to earn money

It has already been ruled upon

failure or refusal to understand that this will not change back again to what it was before NIL just serves to make one more miserable over something out of their own control if they are not willing to assist with NIL

objecting to the same thing over and over and over again when there will be no change on the part of either side but expecting one is a the definition of insanity
    …the truth 101 with a lil change to the author’s quote…the methodology I used in the past where the NIL was crowd size, conference, chest money, transportation, etc was intelligent ignorance…….will need to explain that one day to ya…hope you and the gang survived the regionals!

You only get to be a college student once

money aside, the opportunity to go to a bigger school in a bigger/nicer town is appealing to many people

12. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post

money aside, the opportunity to go to a bigger school in a bigger/nicer town is appealing to many people
    And just as unattractive to others.

13. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post

all of that and $$$$ too . . . you bet ya its appealing to any 17 to 22 year old kid

I know how to fix every single problem we have.

We drill.

I may have heard somewhere that's what the folks in College Station might be up to.

15. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Back to the original question…has anyone in the team put their name in the portal?
    As of today the only Cajuns in the portal are the players that were cut in May.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information