Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

1. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The rules were four seasons in five years. Then everybody got the extra COVID year. Throw in the grad student year and now we see 23, 24, 25 year olds hitting off 18 year old freshmen. That and the cut down MLB draft have tilted the playing field toward the offense.
    Thanks. I dont mean total eligibility. By semester you still need to be on track and have certain gpa. And credits.
    For example i couldn't play fall football only and sit out academically every spring.

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Two-way standout Trip Dobson of talent laden Catholic High in BR is joining the Cajuns. He initially signed with Houston last November but has decided that Houston was not the place for him and now will be a Ragin Cajun. Seems like a nice pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Two-way standout Trip Dobson of talent laden Catholic High in BR is joining the Cajuns. He initially signed with Houston last November but has decided that Houston was not the place for him and now will be a Ragin Cajun. Seems like a nice pick up.
    15 total freshmen will be part of the program this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    15 total freshmen will be part of the program this fall.
    That is a lot of freshmen, but it seems that it is a very talented class. I'm optimistic about the future of the Cajun baseball program.

That is a lot of freshmen, but it seems that it is a very talented class. I'm optimistic about the future of the Cajun baseball program.
    15 Freshmen and 10 Sophomores. We have no choice; SBC programs have to develop players. We are not going to outspend power conferences for players.

6. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

in the days of heavy transfers and NIL, freshmen are the pool of available candidates that would most likely be available to lure here . . . because of free transfer and NIL, we may be developing them and losing them, but at least we get them for some time . . . it is ever so important to be able to find the diamonds in the rough in order to survive . . . you help them JTJ . . .

7. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

He is already 19 years old so a much more developed and older freshman. Like this pickup. Better than average speed and can touch 90 on the mound.

8. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He is already 19 years old so a much more developed and older freshman. Like this pickup. Better than average speed and can touch 90 on the mound.
    Wow! 19? What the heck is going on in HS these days? Soon the kids will be legal age to drink finishing up high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Wow! 19? What the heck is going on in HS these days? Soon the kids will be legal age to drink finishing up high school.
    Depending on when birthday is and school cut-off dates, its possible without being held back a year. My son is going into his Sr year and will be 18 right after school starts.

I turned 18 the January of my Sr year. I sure enjoyed going to The Strip legally.

10. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    He is 19 years and 1 month old right now according to Perfect Game. https://www.perfectgame.org/players/.aspx?ID=756232

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He is 19 years and 1 month old right now according to Perfect Game. https://www.perfectgame.org/players/.aspx?ID=756232
    Started school in Texas. Do they still start them later than Louisiana?

12. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Started school in Texas. Do they still start them later than Louisiana?
    No , he was held back at UHigh. May birthday you can go either way. You can be one the youngest or oldest in your class . Smart move on their part . It gets older , John Pearson and others at West Monroe turn 20 this fall.
    It’s a shame what Houston did to Trip so late but glad he found home.

13. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Depending on when birthday is and school cut-off dates, its possible without being held back a year. My son is going into his Sr year and will be 18 right after school starts.

I turned 18 the January of my Sr year. I sure enjoyed going to The Strip legally.
    I was 17 until several weeks into my first semester in college. Did not matter much w/respect to entering the bars. New Orleans (high school) did not matter much either - at least back then.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I was 17 until several weeks into my first semester in college. Did not matter much w/respect to entering the bars. New Orleans (high school) did not matter much either - at least back then.

Brian
    I got into the Fat City bars at 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamgr32! View Post
    No , he was held back at UHigh. May birthday you can go either way. You can be one the youngest or oldest in your class . Smart move on their part . It gets older , John Pearson and others at West Monroe turn 20 this fall.
    It’s a shame what Houston did to Trip so late but glad he found home.
    What did Houston do to Trip?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information