Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Out of curiosity, went back and looked at 2023 transfer class which was ranked #23 by D1 baseball. We had many major contributors from that transfer class this season such as Langevin, Torres, Pastore, Broussard, Herrman, Martinez, Holzhammer and even Josh Alexander to a certain extent. Some did not work out and are back in the portal. I would consider that transfer class to be a very good one and wouldn't mind similar results from this year's transfer class. Hopefully Coach Deggs can come up with some more major contributors.
    None of those guys were D1 transfers either. Pastore (D2) and Martinez (D3) were the only ones that didn’t come from JUCO.

Thats a great job of finding guys that can come in and contribute right away. As you said, hopefully there’s another similar group coming next year.

Former Nicholls pitcher Jacob Mayers has committed to LSU. Figured he would be going to a SEC school and getting some NIL $$$.

Six Texas A&M players have hit the portal since their coach left for Texas. It even happens to the big boys with lots of $$$. Aggie fans are not happy with what has transpired in the last couple of days for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Six Texas A&M players have hit the portal since their coach left for Texas. It even happens to the big boys with lots of $$$. Aggie fans are not happy with what has transpired in the last couple of days for sure.
    Most of them are entering pending who the new hire is. I’m sure a couple will follow Schlossnagle to UT, but I think most would come back if they like the new hire.

Some are tweeting who SHOULD be hired.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Most of them are entering pending who the new hire is. I’m sure a couple will follow Schlossnagle to UT, but I think most would come back if they like the new hire.

Some are tweeting who SHOULD be hired.
    I’m wondering why guys rush to jump in when they have 30 days and these searches take less than a week. I’m assuming it just gives them the chance to start fielding offers and gives teams time to put together deals for them?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’m wondering why guys rush to jump in when they have 30 days and these searches take less than a week. I’m assuming it just gives them the chance to start fielding offers and gives teams time to put together deals for them?
    This is exactly why. If Laviolette wants to go back to aTm, his deal will be higher as a result of going in the portal and negotiating off other offers.

It’s a smart business move unfortunately for these guys to enter immediately.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information