Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    a college coach does not have enough innings to developed somebody like Bazzar or Connor Angel

In the minors, winning is secondary to development, especially if one has the tangibles like throwing 100mph

Jack is different

He has what it takes to compete at the college level

he was our initial Friday night starter this year for a reason
    Apparently Tampa Bay was short of innings for Angel too. He was released after 1.2 IP 21.6 ERA

2. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Apparently Tampa Bay was short of innings for Angel too. He was released after 1.2 IP 21.6 ERA
    who said they would make it happen

LSU Freshman LHP Cam Johnson, a heralded recruit who spurned MLB to attend LSU has entered the transfer portal. He was one of the highest ranked recruits ever to sign with LSU and now he is gone after one season. He had control problems his first year and only pitched 9 innings with an ERA of 12.00. Some LSU faithful are not happy with this decision as he has tremendous potential. I would take him at UL in a second but realize he will go to another Power program and get some decent NIL $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    LSU Freshman LHP Cam Johnson, a heralded recruit who spurned MLB to attend LSU has entered the transfer portal. He was one of the highest ranked recruits ever to sign with LSU and now he is gone after one season. He had control problems his first year and only pitched 9 innings with an ERA of 12.00. Some LSU faithful are not happy with this decision as he has tremendous potential. I would take him at UL in a second but realize he will go to another Power program and get some decent NIL $$$.
    Well if he doesn’t get an NIL offer to go to another P4 because of that ERA, bring him in and let Gunner have a shot to retool him. Even if it’s just one season he’s here, should he turn it around, that would mean a heck of a season if then he’s gone for either a big NIL or the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    who said they would make it happen
    Did I say they would make it happen? Who said you said they would make it happen?

What you said was correct. I wanted Jack to stay and figure it out. I am surprised and disappointed Jack left, considering some of the pitchers they have kept in the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Did I say they would make it happen? Who said you said they would make it happen?

What you said was correct. I wanted Jack to stay and figure it out. I am surprised and disappointed Jack left, considering some of the pitchers they have kept in the recent past.
    It doesn't matter with him

Baseball portal is open until July 2nd. Wondering if there will be anymore Cajuns entering the portal that haven't already been disclosed. Hoping for the best but will be a little anxious until the deadline passes.

LSU got a commit from Wofford's ace pitcher who entered portal. They played LSU in regional but he did not pitch against tigers but I'm sure LSU coaches saw him pitch in regional. I'm sure nothing underhanded occurred there.
    Paxton Kling from LSU entered portal. Highly touted player out of high school that did not have success at LSU as expected. Maybe a change in scenery would help. May I suggest Lafayette, much better than Baton Rouge. Just thinking out loud.

https://twitter.com/SamArdoin2/statu.51682068774917

Sam Ardoin, SS from Texas, posts "Geaux Cajuns" on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    https://twitter.com/SamArdoin2/statu.51682068774917

Sam Ardoin, SS from Texas, posts "Geaux Cajuns" on Twitter.
    No longer there.

Ardoin is from Lake Charles and was the 2nd ranked shortstop in LA coming out of high school, 8th overall player in state. His father, Danny, played major league ball and is from Ville Platte. Could he be a possibility to replace Debo?

12. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Danny’s older son caught at Texas

It was when I looked just now. Attached video of Cajuns highlights and ended with his picture with a Cajuns uniform on and it said “Committed”

Sam Ardoin and Grant Fontenot are both in portal. Fontenot played at Lafayette High, signed with LSU out of high school and ended up at Texas this season but left the team during the season.

Is Sam Ardoin transferring to the Cajuns?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information