Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    If you look at last 1/3 of season when quality ABs were mission critical

Deggs clearly had Cuff ahead of Zambo; Higgs, Stelly, Yuhasz et Broussard all ahead of Robichaux.

We need to replace our top 2 with HR pop in lineup. Recruiting Power hitters has to be a very high priority. I won't be surprised for Deggs to land a couple proven players in transfer portal.
    Broussard is out of eligibility pending a decision by the NCAA. Not looking good.

2. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

NCAA just gave someone 9th year of eligibility, must have been a very unique situation.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Broussard is out of eligibility pending a decision by the NCAA. Not looking good.
    What’s the story with that?

Didn’t he play at Delgado last year? And if so, how could he have just one year of eligibility left?

I’m guessing it’s something to do with Covid, but I’m curious if you know.

It’s all really strange that he’s listed as a Jr. on the roster but went through Senior Day activities

4. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

red shirt, medical redshirt, Covid cancellation year, Covid redshirt and 4 years of eligibility

not sure where that 9th one came in

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Halter - neglected to add him, thought he was a roster cut but probably confused him with another
    So - there's 5 total? Including Martinez along w/ Halter, Robichaux, Zambo, and Wargo?

Hopefully that's it.

6. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Baseball has always had major attrition at the end of the year.

Now it has a label.

7. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Baseball has always had major attrition at the end of the year.

Now it has a label.
    11.7 scholarships and no NIL for a 35 member roster spots when the maximum that can play at one time is 10 is a hard sport

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He isn't the only guy that will portal out.
    Knew it was only a matter of time before more hit the portal.

9. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Knew it was only a matter of time before more hit the portal.
    Do you have insider information? Can you tell us more?…

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Only the most important of fan are allowed to be privy to this top secret information.

But for monthly payments of $29.99, I can fill you in on all you need and want to know. Cash only. No checks or credit cards accepted.

11. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Only the most important of fan are allowed to be privy to this top secret information.

But for monthly payments of $29.99, I can fill you in on all you need and want to know. Cash only. No checks or credit cards accepted.
    now that is what I call fishing with live bait . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Yeah it seems like Zambo hung around until it looks like he has a good shot at the 1B job…then leaves. That one surprises me a little. He was also a big glue guy in the dugout. Best of luck to him.

I hope Wargo finds a place where he can play full time. He’s been a good Cajun and I wish him well. Same for Robichaux. With some of the guys coming in, I think he’d have a hard time finding consistent playing time

Hopefully there aren’t too many more names added to this list, although I think there may be a couple more.
    Wargo, Halter and Zambo are not surprising to me. Wargo will be a Grad transfer and there simply isn't any room for him on the roster with Fr.RS Clayton Pourciau returning and true Freshman Parker Smith coming in August. Halter simply was at the end of the bench and Zambo (everyone's favorite teammate) has been here 3 seasons. From everything I've heard, both he and Wargo are very popular in the locker room. Unfortunately, that's simply not enough when you are trying to construct the 2025 roster for a run at a Super Regional.

Robichaux is a slight surprise, but with JC Signee Casey Artigues (Former USM Signee), Cuff and a talented group of true Freshmen Griffen Hebert, Owen Gault and Blaine Lucas (6A Texas Championship Tomball HS) the writing was on the wall. So, I'm not sure where Robichaux would fit amongst those new players. And I wouldn't be surprised that a new experienced short stop is added from the Portal. They are looking at several from my understanding.

I hope the situation with Broussard is worked out. It took him 2/3rds of the season to make adjustments at the plate, but he would help the 2025 roster for certain. I don't know if Higgs has officially made a decision to return, but if he does then the Roster will have Higgs, Stelly, Mandino, Yuhasz, JC Signee Carson Hepworth (Pensacola State), true Freshmen Mark Collins, Brooks Wright and Arren Marshall (SS/OF).

The changes to the roster will remain in flux will additional players coming from JC/Portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    I don't. I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Wargo, Halter and Zambo are not surprising to me. Wargo will be a Grad transfer and there simply isn't any room for him on the roster with Fr.RS Clayton Pourciau returning and true Freshman Parker Smith coming in August. Halter simply was at the end of the bench and Zambo (everyone's favorite teammate) has been here 3 seasons. From everything I've heard, both he and Wargo are very popular in the locker room. Unfortunately, that's simply not enough when you are trying to construct the 2025 roster for a run at a Super Regional.

Robichaux is a slight surprise, but with JC Signee Casey Artigues (Former USM Signee), Cuff and a talented group of true Freshmen Griffen Hebert, Owen Gault and Blaine Lucas (6A Texas Championship Tomball HS) the writing was on the wall. So, I'm not sure where Robichaux would fit amongst those new players. And I wouldn't be surprised that a new experienced short stop is added from the Portal. They are looking at several from my understanding.

I hope the situation with Broussard is worked out. It took him 2/3rds of the season to make adjustments at the plate, but he would help the 2025 roster for certain. I don't know if Higgs has officially made a decision to return, but if he does then the Roster will have Higgs, Stelly, Mandino, Yuhasz, JC Signee Carson Hepworth (Pensacola State), true Freshmen Mark Collins, Brooks Wright and Arren Marshall (SS/OF).

The changes to the roster will remain in flux will additional players coming from JC/Portal.
    I talked to Blaine's dad Mr. Scott the other day. I think he has a shot to start as a freshman at 2B. Danny Massiate was his coach from 11u to 14u. The Cajuns are getting a steal with this kid. Good player and good family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

I do have a new site for Cajun information and it doesn't cost anything. It has been set up as an invite only site. Send me a text or PM if you want to register to join. Thanks.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information