Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I wanted him to stay the whole time. The issue at Minute Maid Classic honestly didn't bother me. There's no way that the first time that has ever happened in our dugout, or any other college baseball dugout. The cameras just happened to be on him at that time, and some ____-stirrers on Tweeter thought it would be awesome for their personal careers and attention-whoring to perpetuate it.

Had Jack been a locker room problem, he would not have kept appearing in some key games/moments for us. He finished the season 4-3 with 2 saves, after starting 0-2 early. He showed improvement. Yes, he appears to be streaky with control, so it may just be a mental game for him to work out. But if he can put it all together, seems like he could have been a weekend starter next season, or a go-to relief guy, especially if LP leaves for pro ball.
    Deggs conducted exit interview withs those that have eligibility left. From my understanding, Jack's decision to enter the transfer portal was mutual. That did not come from Coach Deggs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Deggs conducted exit interview withs those that have eligibility left. From my understanding, Jack's decision to enter the transfer portal was mutual. That did not come from Coach Deggs.
    I think Tony recommended Reagan Bazzar (sp) sign a minor league deal so he could get the innings he needed. Maybe that is what Jack needs as well.

Note: Reagan was here this past season for the team reunion. He's still a Cajun at heart!

3. Default Re: 2024 Baseball Transfer Portal

a college coach does not have enough innings to developed somebody like Bazzar or Connor Angel

In the minors, winning is secondary to development, especially if one has the tangibles like throwing 100mph

Jack is different

He has what it takes to compete at the college level

he was our initial Friday night starter this year for a reason

New in portal from D1 baseball:
    Ben Robichaux
    Mason Zambo
    Clay Wargo

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Ben Robichaux
    I remember last season when first inserted into the lineup, Ben seemed to be fire at the plate.

What happened? Barely saw him this season. Wasn’t he injured for part of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I remember last season when first inserted into the lineup, Ben seemed to be fire at the plate.

What happened? Barely saw him this season. Wasn’t he injured for part of the year?
    Believe he started the year injured (hamate surgery iirc) and couldn't find his way back into the lineup afterward. He was blocked at every defensive position and DH this year. Could have competed for the 2B spot next year but guess not.

Ben Robichaux
    Mason Zambo
    Clay Wargo
    Robichaux and Zambo were definitely guys I would’ve expected to compete for a spot in the starting lineup next year.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Robichaux and Zambo were definitely guys I would’ve expected to compete for a spot in the starting lineup next year.
    Yeah. Both of those are surprising. I was thinking Robichaux at 2B. and Zambo likely the inside track at 1B. hmm. Hopefully the competition for those spots is stiffer than I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Yeah it seems like Zambo hung around until it looks like he has a good shot at the 1B job…then leaves. That one surprises me a little. He was also a big glue guy in the dugout. Best of luck to him.

I hope Wargo finds a place where he can play full time. He’s been a good Cajun and I wish him well. Same for Robichaux. With some of the guys coming in, I think he’d have a hard time finding consistent playing time

Hopefully there aren’t too many more names added to this list, although I think there may be a couple more.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Yeah. Both of those are surprising. I was thinking Robichaux at 2B. and Zambo likely the inside track at 1B. hmm. Hopefully the competition for those spots is stiffer than I was thinking.
    I love Zambo but he was here for three years and couldn't find consistent playing time. Expect him to move on to a smaller school so he can be a starter his senior year. Wish him the best.

Robichaux is the surprising one to me. Deggs seemed to like him and we have a hole at 2B.

If you look at last 1/3 of season when quality ABs were mission critical

Deggs clearly had Cuff ahead of Zambo; Higgs, Stelly, Yuhasz et Broussard all ahead of Robichaux.

We need to replace our top 2 with HR pop in lineup. Recruiting Power hitters has to be a very high priority. I won't be surprised for Deggs to land a couple proven players in transfer portal.

Ben Robichaux
    Mason Zambo
    Clay Wargo
    Kendall Rogers tweeted that there were four Cajuns added. Any idea who the 4th was?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Kendall Rogers tweeted that there were four Cajuns added. Any idea who the 4th was?
    Halter - neglected to add him, thought he was a roster cut but probably confused him with another

Halter - neglected to add him, thought he was a roster cut but probably confused him with another
    Thanks. He was one that I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I think Tony recommended Reagan Bazzar (sp) sign a minor league deal so he could get the innings he needed. Maybe that is what Jack needs as well.

Note: Reagan was here this past season for the team reunion. He's still a Cajun at heart!
    Forgot how big that dude was until I saw him that reunion weekend. Not all big guys can bring the heat but he definitely always looked like someone who could touch 100

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information