Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

UL Football Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Little early to start this but I am going to. I want to see this University succeed, and I want to win not just on the field, but off the field.

With stadium renovations. This is the year to start experimenting with new ideas.

I wanna put pressure on the Administration. I want to hear yall thoughts on ways we can improve the overall fan experience at UL events, and ways we can put fans in the stands besides winning?

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Little early to start this but I am going to. I want to see this University succeed, and I want to win not just on the field, but off the field.

With stadium renovations. This is the year to start experimenting with new ideas.

I wanna put pressure on the Administration. I want to hear yall thoughts on ways we can improve the overall fan experience at UL events, and ways we can put fans in the stands besides winning?

With a smaller seating capacity for football this year the stadium will look full for the most part
    Need to get the students involved for sure. They have been driven away by the administration and that trend needs to stop.
    The band needs to come up with some upbeat tunes during game.
    Make sure restrooms and concessions are adequate with the crowd no matter the size in a smaller area.
    and win football games

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Make it about more about the event itself than just what’s on the field. Anyone can save money and stay home to watch the game on ESPN+. Give people a reason to show up outside of just the football field. There needs to be an attractive environment from the gates of the parking lot all the way to seats closest to the sidelines inside the stadium. Call the people at Festival International and Festival Acadien to get some tips from them. There’s more than enough resources to use in this area when it comes to creating a fun environment.

And LOWER THE COST OF TAILGATING. Yes, we have it cheaper than other sun belt schools. But we are also competing against a lot of things to do compared to places like Boone and Hattiesburg. Plus, festive activities like tailgating is more common around here than those places which means it’s a regular day in Lafayette where it’s the talk of the town in those parts.

4. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

. . . SOS . . .

With all of the concessions torn down on the double deck side, gonna need more capacity set up somewhere or we will be waiting in long lines again. Same with bathrooms.

With the Best Stop being the Official Boudin of the Ragin Cajuns, see if they will set up an area where they can sell Boudin and Cracklins.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    With a smaller seating capacity for football this year the stadium will look full for the most part
    Need to get the students involved for sure. They have been driven away by the administration and that trend needs to stop.
    The band needs to come up with some upbeat tunes during game.
    Make sure restrooms and concessions are adequate with the crowd no matter the size in a smaller area.
    and win football games
    This!

We need to beat the snot out of Tulane and Wake Forest as well. We do that along with the above, everything will fall into place.

Check with some of these small carnivals and see if they can put out a few rides and some games throwing baseballs, footballs, and shooting basketballs to win Cajun Merchandise.

Have the Alumni put a little 12 piece band together that can walk around the tailgaiting area playing fight song, Respect, Budweiser, etc; then have then walk around the stands playing during the game.

Louisiana athletics has paid for professional advice in the Alden report and have been given free advice here regularly. How do we plan to put pressure on the administration to execute these ideas, liking introducing a mascot?

Give away t shirts with a picture of the new stadium on the front to the first 5000 entering the stadium. Have “2025 will be sweet” as a caption!

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Louisiana athletics has paid for professional advice in the Alden report and have been given free advice here regularly. How do we plan to put pressure on the administration to execute these ideas, liking introducing a mascot?
    We need to have this thread pinned at the top all summer long.

Maybe if we have it at the top then hopefully they take some of these ideas and put it to use.

Invite a local high school band to each game. Let them perform pre game and play in the stands. The band will come AND their parents will come. Lafayette High, Acadiana, Southside, Comeaux, Carencro, etc. (bring in some new fans)

14. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Can we either play the same song when the team enters the field prior to the game and/or for each kickoff? There is absolutely no in game patterns at Cajun Field which leads to zero atmosphere during the game.

15. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Hopefully they bring in enough portajohns to line the whole fence underneath the scoreboard….

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information