Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

1. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    All we need to do is get rid of the “And that’s another Louisiana…” first down cheer, and we’d have an extra 5K show up at football games!
    if this is keeping fans away, that part of the fan base is too weak to be called fans

I will go even farther and say our fan issues are irreconcilable if this is something that would move the needle in any way

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

I only really care about one thing.

That would be making Opelousas Sostan our "in game" song.

MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!

3. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

"Opelousas Sostan"

"Allons avec moi
    Bon temps rouler"

Come with me
    Let the offense roll.

Allons avec moi
    Laissez l’attaque rouler

4. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The culture of unimaginativeness needs a Kickstart ER campaign.
    We should be leveraging our music dept to compose original tunes and jingles and fanfares. Pop music played by a band is so uninspired and unoriginal. Just my two cents.

5. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Speaking of bands, is Grambling bringing their band?
    Is a pigs poon pork?

6. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

In time! So many great ideas start as “foolish ambitions” that become undeniable before they become key parts of history. No remembers the people who said changing the mascot to Ragin Cajuns was a bad idea, or adopting a regional flag for Acadiana was a bad idea, or a place like River Ranch would never work in Lafayette. All we see is the fruits of people’s ambition, that got paired with a vision, and was brought to life with execution.

Albineaux is a great idea: a great idea that will become undeniable sooner rather than later but never fast enough. But in time, we’ll have a mascot again.

7. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    In time! So many great ideas start as “foolish ambitions” that become undeniable before they become key parts of history. No remembers the people who said changing the mascot to Ragin Cajuns was a bad idea, or adopting a regional flag for Acadiana was a bad idea, or a place like River Ranch would never work in Lafayette. All we see is the fruits of people’s ambition, that got paired with a vision, and was brought to life with execution.

Albineaux is a great idea: a great idea that will become undeniable sooner rather than later but never fast enough. But in time, we’ll have a mascot again.
    #adoptalnow

8. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    it is truly amazing that we do not have Al as a mascot by now

never understand
    My comment was responding to this. Hit the wrong button lol

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

if this is keeping fans away, that part of the fan base is too weak to be called fans

I will go even farther and say our fan issues are irreconcilable if this is something that would move the needle in any way

This is no way pointed at Cajun Vic. I get what he is saying. I know he is a true fan and wants better i am just talking in general.

I get that it may not move the needle, and people will always complain no matter what we do.

If we can do things better why not do them better. Why do we want to remain or act like some small mid-major college? I mean if we are going to be Louisiana lets start acting like we are the University of Louisiana.

Everyone on this forum wants better for this University. I am just talking in generally

10. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is no way pointed at Cajun Vic, i know he is a true fan and wants better i am just talking in general.

I get that it may not move the needle, and people will always complain no matter what we do.

If we can do things better why not do them better. Why do we want to remain or act like some small mid-major college? I mean if we are going to be Louisiana lets start acting like we are the University of Louisiana.

Everyone on this forum wants better for this University. I am just talking in generally
    not really sure there is something better

complaining for the sake of complaining is a BIG part of the problem

why would anyone visiting this board even consider otherwise attending when it is reinforced here day in and day out how horrible an experience it is to attend Louisiana sporting events

if it ALL matters, then start here

I can’t fathom that announcing “another Louisiana first down” is keeping anyone out of Cajun Field, but it is an attempt to put another nail in the coffin

11. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

It’s a shame the university doesn’t want better for the university. More worried about appeasing the alphabet people on the 80th anniversary of D-Day.

why would anyone visiting this board even consider otherwise attending when it is reinforced here day in and day out how horrible an experience it is to attend Louisiana sporting events

I can’t fathom that announcing “another Louisiana first down” is keeping anyone out of Cajun Field, but it is an attempt to put another nail in the coffin
    Right I don't know why I never understood this before, lets not talk about solutions and ideas that will certainly get the ball rolling in the right direction. Are you nuts?

13. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    Right I don't know why I never understood this before, lets not talk about solutions and ideas that will certainly get the ball rolling in the right direction. Are you nuts?
    no, however there are certainly a good number of nuts here

I get it, i mean if i was a lurker on these forums, and havent been a fan for as many years as I have. I would possibly think that we suck, the entire experience sucks etc., but if you are not attending because of someone making suggestions and saying we suck when it comes to gameday experience you are possibly not a fan.

Same thing as you pointed out if Annoucing “Its another Louisiana First Down” is keeping you from attending a football game then you are possibly not a fan.

Then again its a message board. Its like not having a mascot. We all support or the majority support Al the Albineaux. He has created this wonderful idea, and created the narrative, the drawings, the story, the marketing etc he is offering it up, and its like no one listens. If there is something better fine take it and use it if there is something better?

I guess what i am saying is we see potential in this University, and they are not using up the full potential of this University when it comes to gameday experiences.

This is one part we can change as a University that doesnt take a good team year in and year out to do.

Settle down, snowflake.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information