Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Like the food truck idea, start with 1 or 2. If it earns money, then I can get 10 food trucks selling food and charge them 30% profit for setting up on game days. I would possibly have the ability to 10x the money I was previously getting.

Just like if i went to 5 high schools and say i got 1,250 fans to show up, and each spend 100 dollars. Got to purchase a ticket 30 bucks, i got to spend money for food and drinks lets say 30 bucks, if i get a hat thats 20. I know when i go to a football game i am looking on spending 100 bucks. If each of the 1,250 fans that show up spend 100 bucks we talking about 125,000 dollars extra off my 1,000 dollar investment?

Most people cant attend every game so when i do i will dish out some money because i may only go to 2 games a year. So i will spend the money because i want to have a good time it is like a vacation for me. Same with most fans around the area.

Just like LSU not everyone of those 90k fans go to every game. The majority may go to 1 or 2 games a year.

They will spend 120 on a ticket they will spend 100’s of dollars to attend that one game because they cant go to every game it is all about the experience.

Yes i can watch it on television but people show up for the experience thats why you go. If i watch it on television i can actually see the game better if i did, but i dont get the experience of actually being there.
    "But I don't get the experience of being there". That is the problem. Many people feel they have a better experience watching LSU on tv than attending a UL game. UL has never addressed the game experience inside the stadium and UL is ruining the pre-game fan experience outside the stadium. It remains severely lacking. There are many things about the overall game day experience for fans that are not addressed and until they are, the attractiveness of watching P4 games on tv will continue to win out.

2. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    "But I don't get the experience of being there". That is the problem. Many people feel they have a better experience watching LSU on tv than attending a UL game. UL has never addressed the game experience inside the stadium and UL is ruining the pre-game fan experience outside the stadium. It remains severely lacking. There are many things about the overall game day experience for fans that are not addressed and until they are, the attractiveness of watching P4 games on tv will continue to win out.
    together with that same atmosphere you described to watch Louisiana on the 85” in the AC or patio with cold beer and the great food of choice . . . and you get to skip all the atrociousness of actually attending a game in person

wow, the hidden answers right before our eyes

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Exactly!!! We are in the Sunbelt not the SEC. We will never be able to compete with LSU when it comes to scheduling, and competing for a national title etc.

Where we can win the day is Fan Engagement, and Fan Experience.

Nothing against Maggard but this isn’t Missouri cant treat it as such.

We can do things that P-5 schools do to get the fans involved.

We also have to think outside the box because we do not get the following that a LSU, or Texas A&M gets. We can start with trying things they have implemented that are successful for them.

Just like Geaux we came up with that what did LSU do they stole it, along with McNeese and others. Like calling Cajun Field “The Swamp” what did Florida do”

You know how many stadiums are called “The Rock” or “Death Valley”

Well its a market nothing wrong with taking what works for another University and implementing it into your own University.

This goes with Logos, Mascots, Pre-Game Rituals etc.

4. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Is he the guy that kept going to the same well over and over, sometimes making an, announcement (elsewhere) the night before the meeting?
    please identify the other wells you wanted him to go too in that time period

5. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

He failed when he failed to promote it here on RP.

After the fact conversations on RP won't go back in time and get people through the door.
    . . . this is just a bold face lie

than a bold face conclusion while presuming the lie is fact

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They do read what is posted on this forum for what it is worth.
    They certainly don't respond to emails with positive suggestions.

7. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    please identify the other wells you wanted him to go too in that time period
    Sometimes, you have to go out there and find new wells.

8. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Sometimes, you have to go out there and find new wells.
    every one they have drilled so far have been dry holes

9. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

every one they have drilled so far have been dry holes
    Yet they keep drilling in the same place

10. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Yet they keep drilling in the same place
    30 fans went

there were still 17,970 left to attend the next Friday

17,940 the next Friday

. . .

11. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

30 fans went

there were still 17,970 left to attend the next Friday

17,940 the next Friday

. . .
    5 people went.

If that is how many your last minute announcment reaches and motivated, then meet them one-on-one.

It removes the appearance of going to the same well over and over.

12. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

. . . this is just a bold face lie

than a bold face conclusion while presuming the lie is fact
    Posting a cryptic thread entitled "Sippin In The Sunset" 4 hours before the event is effectively "after the fact" since most people read RP in the morning.

Holding it one day after the basketball NIL fundraiser guaranteed another dry well.

The "discussion" was very much "after the fact."

13. Default

Posting a cryptic thread entitled "Sippin In The Sunset" 4 hours before the event is effectively "after the fact" since most people read RP in the morning.

Holding it one day after the basketball NIL fundraiser guaranteed another dry well.

The "discussion" was very much "after the fact."
    It happened like 4 Fridays in a row

DonÂ’t be a hater

DonÂ’t be a hater with a Pinocchio nose

So you were t aware and now you are an expert

Hate takes on a new light day in and day out

who will ever try again if this is what they get

14. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

So you were t aware and now you are an expert
    I had forgotten, yesterday I did some timeline research.

Still don't know where October 13 was in the stream of the four you mention.

ps Don't bash me if I figure it out.

who will ever try again if this is what they get
    Sincerely, Admin

No but seriously.do you believe that 5, 10, 30 people is the best we will ever do for an NIL event?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information