Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    We have no money. Yet, the RCAF operates in near silence and fails to engage all possible donors.
    Correct, but “we have no money” should never been the end of the story. Unfortunately it is though.

2. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

guy came in here with the backing of the administration to raise money

it pretty much failed miserably

whose fault was that

3. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    guy came in here with the backing of the administration to raise money

it pretty much failed miserably

whose fault was that
    Raising money is not just about going for the homerun. A string of singles has the ability to have significant payoff.

4. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Raising money is not just about going for the homerun. A string of singles has the ability to have significant payoff.
    the strategy of this guy was just that

and it failed miserably

so what now

5. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

the strategy of this guy was just that

and it failed miserably

so what now
    I wasn't aware.

6. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I wasn't aware.
    It was thoroughly covered here on RP

Friday evenings on the patio at Dragos

A couple of table events at the Heyman center

about as modest of entry levels as there could be with lots of promotion

Failed miserably

Guy had quit his day job just to focus on this

Failed miserably

7. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

RR even did a podcast to assist

8. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

RaginDave was also involved and high on it if I recall

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

My ideas would actually raise money for the University not take away money.

10. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    My ideas would actually raise money for the University not take away money.
    the NCAA is at least trying to get a little smarter by now allowing direct pay

this will allow universities and conferences to more closely emulate the professional leagues (nfl, mlb, nba) where athletes make both the money which they can command from the league they play in as well as the money which they can make from endorsements (NIL) at the college level

however, NiL will never go away as it is now been established as a constitutional right to earn money

don’t fool yourself, a fan’s refusal to participate in NIL was just a convenient excuse not to have to pay under the guise of “I’m not paying any athlete or their parents”

the overriding impetus is is really that fans want stuff for free and any excuse not to pay falls right in line with that overriding impetus and when the world revolves around $$$$, it brings us right back to the million $ question . . . where we were before . . . where are we going to get the money

11. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

the NCAA is at least trying to get a little smarter by now allowing direct pay

this will allow universities and conferences to more closely emulate the professional leagues (nfl, mlb, nba) where athletes make both the money which they can command from the league they play in as well as the money which they can make from endorsements (NIL) at the college level

however, NiL will never go away as it is now been established as a constitutional right to earn money

don’t fool yourself, a fan’s refusal to participate in NIL was just a convenient excuse not to have to pay under the guise of “I’m not paying any athlete or their parents”

the overriding impetus is is really that fans want stuff for free and any excuse not to pay falls right in line with that overriding impetus and when the world revolves around $$$$, it brings us right back to the million $ question . . . where we were before . . . where are we going to get the money
    Your inclination of putting the onus on the fans is disingenuous,.

No matter what school you pick, the onus has never been on the fans, it has always been on the Advertiser.

Whether it be the TV money that allows the P5 to exist, or NIL return on investment, success has and always will be on the back of advertisers, not the fans.

Gate going fans cover their fair share, anything beyond that is an investor or an Advertiser.

Investors get a say.

Advertisers get a return.

Gate going fans are a coop and as such are entitled to an experience.

12. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

It was thoroughly covered here on RP

Friday evenings on the patio at Dragos

A couple of table events at the Heyman center

about as modest of entry levels as there could be with lots of promotion

Failed miserably

Guy had quit his day job just to focus on this

Failed miserably
    He failed when he failed to promote it here on RP.

After the fact conversations on RP won't go back in time and get people through the door.

What I think is the best way of earning money and gaining fan support.

Handing out flyers or schedules at high school events, especially if it was a group of volunteers, um, 1,000 bucks maybe.

Me setting up tents with food trucks, vendors, and beer. Okay, that might be 10k. If I say, 'Look, The Best Stop, you can sell Boudin and Cracklings at Cajun Field on game day. I want 30% of profit, or charge a flat fee, I gain my money back. If I sell beer, I gain my money back.' The money you receive would hopefully outweigh the cost of setting it up.

A mascot - we have the idea. How much would a mascot cost? 20k? Well, how many fans would you actually bring in? Hopefully, the income that mascot is bringing in outweighs the 20k that it took to have the mascot.

In my mind, all 3 would be a huge success!"

That money could be used for NIL?

Let's say I took a group of football players, and I say, "Hey, go out before the game and take pictures with family or little kids and sign autographs. Charge people 30 bucks for the photo, and the proceeds would go directly to the players." If I were an all-star athlete and say I could make 15 bucks for every photo I took with a kid or a family or parent, I would do it. I am sure that falls under the NIL; he would be earning money off his Name, Image, and Likeness?

Plus, if I were a little kid and I got a photo with some of the UL players, man, as a little kid, I would be all excited, frame it, and hang it in my room.

That's how you create lifelong fans, and the athlete earns a little money as well.

I could even have the kid put on an actual Ragin Cajun football helmet during the photo shoot. That would be great!

14. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

It was thoroughly discussed here

Fans were begged here to participate

He went on RR

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    What I think is the best way of earning money and gaining fan support.

Handing out flyers or schedules at high school events, especially if it was a group of volunteers, um, 1,000 bucks maybe.

Me setting up tents with food trucks, vendors, and beer. Okay, that might be 10k. If I say, 'Look, The Best Stop, you can sell Boudin and Cracklings at Cajun Field on game day. I want 30% of profit, or charge a flat fee, I gain my money back. If I sell beer, I gain my money back.' The money you receive would hopefully outweigh the cost of setting it up.

A mascot - we have the idea. How much would a mascot cost? 20k? Well, how many fans would you actually bring in? Hopefully, the income that mascot is bringing in outweighs the 20k that it took to have the mascot.

In my mind, all 3 would be a huge success!"

That money could be used for NIL?

Let's say I took a group of football players, and I say, "Hey, go out before the game and take pictures with family or little kids and sign autographs. Charge people 30 bucks for the photo, and the proceeds would go directly to the players." If I were an all-star athlete and say I could make 15 bucks for every photo I took with a kid or a family or parent, I would do it. I am sure that falls under the NIL; he would be earning money off his Name, Image, and Likeness?

Plus, if I were a little kid and I got a photo with some of the UL players, man, as a little kid, I would be all excited, frame it, and hang it in my room.

That's how you create lifelong fans, and the athlete earns a little money as well.

I could even have the kid put on an actual Ragin Cajun football helmet during the photo shoot. That would be great!

Like the food truck idea, start with 1 or 2. If it earns money, then I can get 10 food trucks selling food and charge them 30% profit for setting up on game days. I would possibly have the ability to 10x the money I was previously getting.

Just like if i went to 5 high schools and say i got 1,250 fans to show up, and each spend 100 dollars. Got to purchase a ticket 30 bucks, i got to spend money for food and drinks lets say 30 bucks, if i get a hat thats 20. I know when i go to a football game i am looking on spending 100 bucks. If each of the 1,250 fans that show up spend 100 bucks we talking about 125,000 dollars extra off my 1,000 dollar investment?

Most people cant attend every game so when i do i will dish out some money because i may only go to 2 games a year. So i will spend the money because i want to have a good time it is like a vacation for me. Same with most fans around the area.

Just like LSU not everyone of those 90k fans go to every game. The majority may go to 1 or 2 games a year.

They will spend 120 on a ticket they will spend 100’s of dollars to attend that one game because they cant go to every game it is all about the experience.

Yes i can watch it on television but people show up for the experience thats why you go. If i watch it on television i can actually see the game better if i did, but i dont get the experience of actually being there.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information