Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Whatever beef between yall I have no interest. Ill Iet that stay between yall.

I have one interest on these boards. To see UL get to the next level.
    I have ZERO beef with anyone on this board.

2. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You lost me when you said he was a true fan.
    Why the dig?

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Whatever beef between yall I have no interest. Ill Iet that stay between yall.

I have one interest on these boards. To see UL get to the next level.
    He has a "beef" with the entire board

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Why the dig?
    Not a dig just facts. Hasn't he already said he doesn't attend events and watches from his house. That isn't a true fan if you ask me.

I think the biggest issue nothing ever happens inside a vacuum, how often does the AD get with the President? If they did get together it isnt just them 2 making decisions? I am sure they are addressing other issues with the Athletic Department and the idea of a Mascot is put on the back burner. If i had to bet there is probably a committee that makes these decisions. How often does that committee meet?

I am not giving the Administration a pass. I am just being realistic with these issues.

Another issue we have to face is Lafayette Social Structure. People always want to be connected at the top. They want to rub shoulders with the President and the AD, because they want to be part of the connection. They are sunshine pumping all day long, but all they have to do is look at the numbers to show it isnt working. There is obviously a disconnect, or they dont care?

When in reality they need to be listening to the people on this forum, and out in the community.

This is how they could have the view it is not us. Everyone is saying we are doing a terrific job. I could see where they could have a mindset of “ It is their fault mentality. “ vs. “we are at fault.”

I think the biggest issue nothing ever happens inside a vacuum, how often does the AD get with the President? If they did get together it isnt just them 2 making decisions? I am sure they are addressing other issues with the Athletic Department and the idea of a Mascot is put on the back burner. If i had to bet there is probably a committee that makes these decisions. How often does that committee meet?

I am not giving the Administration a pass. I am just being realistic with these issues.

Another issue we have to face is Lafayette Social Structure. People always want to be connected at the top. They want to rub shoulders with the President and the AD, because they want to be part of the connection. They are sunshine pumping all day long, but all they have to do is look at the numbers to show it isnt working. There is obviously a disconnect, or they dont care?

When in reality they need to be listening to the people on this forum, and out in the community.

This is how they have the view it is not us. Everyone is saying we are doing a terrific job. I could see where they could have a mindset of “ It is their fault mentality. “ vs. “we are at fault.”
    They do read what is posted on this forum for what it is worth.

7. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Not a dig just facts. Hasn't he already said he doesn't attend events and watches from his house. That isn't a true fan if you ask me.
    But why mention it? You know, he only said it to avoid another needless argument with a poster that lives to argue, then you come behind him and start a new one. Needless facts don't need to be mentioned, and now I'm as guilty as the both of you.

But why mention it? You know, he only said it to avoid another needless argument with a poster that lives to argue, then you come behind him and start a new one. Needless facts don't need to be mentioned, and now I'm as guilty as the both of you.
    People can say whatever the ____ they want on here. Yall _____ and moan about people "complaining" as much as people complain. Some people don't like lying to themselves by pretending issues don't exist, while some people like to say everything is great while the building is on fire, to make themselves feel like "better fans".

9. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    People can say whatever the ____ they want on here. Yall _____ and moan about people "complaining" as much as people complain. Some people don't like lying to themselves by pretending issues don't exist, while some people like to say everything is great while the building is on fire, to make themselves feel like "better fans".
    you really need to do like our president and call a lid

The one thing i love about this forum, not like yall know me just like i dont know yall. I could be some crazy nut fan from NY, Vermont, China yall really do not know, and that i am able to speak my mind on this forum regarding UL athletics. I dont have to hold back within reason.

It is a great thing.

Hence the 9221 part i am just some random fan out of thousands of other fans. Fan 9221 that dude is crazy he cant stop posting on logos, fan engagement and tailgating. Lmfao

Someone was telling me during one of the baseball games the Georgia Southern Mascot Gus was holding up a sign saying “UL is to cheap to have a mascot’. I was trying to find that picture but can’t. If someone has it please post it!

I found this though lol!

Name:  IMG_7738.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  103.5 KB

We have a Swamp in the middle of campus with bad ass Alilgators swimming around - always have, always will. We're good to go, so bringing up the flaming dildeaux is only a reminder of an era which had its time due to forces that be and have set back branding Louisiana by 2+ decades. The Old school vintage items (before the flaming dildeaux era) including the Cajuns script have flown off the shelves so fast that every vendor says the same thing, a tremendous, roaring success. I see Vintage erasing the flames and chilli peppers era and restoring the correct attitude and respect of the U.

It didn't take LSU long to figure it out. They transitioned to a cartoon Tiger branding scheme and once they listened to the Consumers (those who spend money on branded goods and attend all sports and buy tickets and tailgating spots and raise the flag of their Alma Mater off the front porch of their residence) they immediately reverted back their old school tiger.

Go back to Pecan Island son.

Yeah what Jeweler said.

15. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Little early to start this but I am going to. I want to see this University succeed, and I want to win not just on the field, but off the field.

With stadium renovations. This is the year to start experimenting with new ideas.

I wanna put pressure on the Administration. I want to hear yall thoughts on ways we can improve the overall fan experience at UL events, and ways we can put fans in the stands besides winning?
    Many have stated over the years that leadership at UL read RaginPagin. I have no reason to doubt them. Ideas on how to improve Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, and Pre-Game have been discussed here ad nauseam. That's not a knock on those who post on RaginPagin, it reflects the passion of the fans. The issue I have is the approach by leadership to improving overall fan experience. The motivation to take feedback, develop a time sensitive engagment plan, and implement simply does not exist.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information