Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    if this is keeping fans away, that part of the fan base is too weak to be called fans

I will go even farther and say our fan issues are irreconcilable if this is something that would move the needle in any way

This is no way pointed at Cajun Vic. I get what he is saying. I know he is a true fan and wants better i am just talking in general.

I get that it may not move the needle, and people will always complain no matter what we do.

If we can do things better why not do them better. Why do we want to remain or act like some small mid-major college? I mean if we are going to be Louisiana lets start acting like we are the University of Louisiana.

Everyone on this forum wants better for this University. I am just talking in generally

2. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is no way pointed at Cajun Vic, i know he is a true fan and wants better i am just talking in general.

I get that it may not move the needle, and people will always complain no matter what we do.

If we can do things better why not do them better. Why do we want to remain or act like some small mid-major college? I mean if we are going to be Louisiana lets start acting like we are the University of Louisiana.

Everyone on this forum wants better for this University. I am just talking in generally
    not really sure there is something better

complaining for the sake of complaining is a BIG part of the problem

why would anyone visiting this board even consider otherwise attending when it is reinforced here day in and day out how horrible an experience it is to attend Louisiana sporting events

if it ALL matters, then start here

I can’t fathom that announcing “another Louisiana first down” is keeping anyone out of Cajun Field, but it is an attempt to put another nail in the coffin

3. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

It’s a shame the university doesn’t want better for the university. More worried about appeasing the alphabet people on the 80th anniversary of D-Day.

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

why would anyone visiting this board even consider otherwise attending when it is reinforced here day in and day out how horrible an experience it is to attend Louisiana sporting events

I can’t fathom that announcing “another Louisiana first down” is keeping anyone out of Cajun Field, but it is an attempt to put another nail in the coffin
    Right I don't know why I never understood this before, lets not talk about solutions and ideas that will certainly get the ball rolling in the right direction. Are you nuts?

5. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    Right I don't know why I never understood this before, lets not talk about solutions and ideas that will certainly get the ball rolling in the right direction. Are you nuts?
    no, however there are certainly a good number of nuts here

I get it, i mean if i was a lurker on these forums, and havent been a fan for as many years as I have. I would possibly think that we suck, the entire experience sucks etc., but if you are not attending because of someone making suggestions and saying we suck when it comes to gameday experience you are possibly not a fan.

Same thing as you pointed out if Annoucing “Its another Louisiana First Down” is keeping you from attending a football game then you are possibly not a fan.

Then again its a message board. Its like not having a mascot. We all support or the majority support Al the Albineaux. He has created this wonderful idea, and created the narrative, the drawings, the story, the marketing etc he is offering it up, and its like no one listens. If there is something better fine take it and use it if there is something better?

I guess what i am saying is we see potential in this University, and they are not using up the full potential of this University when it comes to gameday experiences.

This is one part we can change as a University that doesnt take a good team year in and year out to do.

Settle down, snowflake.

I honestly think that if i was a fan of any University I would think i could do better job. I mean but when it comes to it i may not have what it takes?

I never understood why some colleges havent tried?

For example: If I was a ULM fan. I dont see why they couldnt train a Hawk and fly around the stadium like Auburn’s War Eagle? I am sure there is alot to it. Maybe it cant be done? It works for Auburn , so why wouldn’t that work for ULM?

My wife just joked and said they could do a pigeon sacrifice where the hawk swoops down and eats the pigeon on the 50! LMFAO she was messing with me.

I get it, i mean if i was a lurker on these forums, and havent been a fan for as many years as I have. I would possibly think that we suck, the entire experience sucks etc., but if you are not attending because of someone making suggestions and saying we suck when it comes to gameday experience you are possibly not a fan.

Same thing as you pointed out if Annoucing “Its another Louisiana First Down” is keeping you from attending a football game then you are possibly not a fan.

Then again its a message board. Its like not having a mascot. We all support or the majority support Al the Albineaux. He has created this wonderful idea, and created the narrative, the drawings, the story, the marketing etc he is offering it up, and its like no one listens. If there is something better fine take it and use it if there is something better?

I guess what i am saying is we see potential in this University, and they are not using up the full potential of this University when it comes to gameday experiences.

This is one part we can change as a University that doesnt take a good team year in and year out to do.
    I'm sorry, we just don't do things like that around hereTried it before and it didn't work.I learned long ago not to rock the President with ideas and added expendatures.

Signed,
    Maggard

PS waiting till I can retire with full benefits before moving on.

Today’s college athletics is just as much about the game day experience as the results on the field. People aren’t going to attend games unless a team wins big and the experience is worthwhile and affordable (see baseball) now that ESPN+ exists. And with football, it has become very average from the way tailgating is setup to the experience inside the stadium. I also consider this message board to be a Yelp or Google Review where fans give feedback. The administration’s goal is to bring in revenue for athletics. If fans are talking about their experience, it shouldn’t be deemed as criticism but as basic feedback even if it might not be as positive but honest.

What would be more worrisome is if people didn’t give any feedback and didn’t show up. That would be concerning. Good thing we aren’t there yet.

This is no way pointed at Cajun Vic. I get what he is saying. I know he is a true fan and wants better i am just talking in general.

You lost me when you said he was a true fan.

12. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    surprised he didn’t say he knew me since before I was born

I honestly think that if i was a fan of any University I would think i could do better job. I mean but when it comes to it i may not have what it takes?

I never understood why some colleges havent tried?

For example: If I was a ULM fan. I dont see why they couldnt train a Hawk and fly around the stadium like Auburn’s War Eagle?
    One of the Robertsons would shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Whatever beef between yall I have no interest. Ill Iet that stay between yall.

I have one interest on these boards. To see UL get to the next level.

15. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Whatever beef between yall I have no interest. Ill Iet that stay between yall.

I have one interest on these boards. To see UL get to the next level.
    agreed 100%

#knowitalls have hampered Louisiana for years

I’m still wondering if he knew me before I was born . . .

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information