Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    THINGS CHANGE . . . WHAT, WAS THAT 10 YEARS AGO?
    Why are you so negative? Nobody will want to support the University if they read all this negativity.

2. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Why are you so negative? Nobody will want to support the University if they read all this negativity.
    just the facts

even Jeweler must live by the facts

Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Someone mentioned a while back that we tried to promote NIL by hiring a guy. I will say this publicly the university gave the guy no help. He was basically on his own and they sort of low balled him on a salary when he brought it up for employment. I spoke with him and he kinda left on not the nicest terms when he took the assistant coach position in Tennessee.

4. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Why was the game day experience "good enough" way back when most of us were in school, despite no money, none of these efforts, and we hadn't "moved up", yet "good enough" to hook us in as the soon to be "next generation" to keep us involved for many years???

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Why was the game day experience "good enough" way back when most of us were in school, despite no money, none of these efforts, and we hadn't "moved up", yet "good enough" to hook us in as the soon to be "next generation" to keep us involved for many years???
    I think it’s because over time, people are prescribing less of their personal identity to the school they went to. That’s all over, not just us.

6. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I think it’s because over time, people are prescribing less of their personal identity to the school they went to. That’s all over, not just us.
    Good point, interesting and seemingly ironic though since there is more information and advertising about schools than ever before???
    I am somewhat amazed the more and more i see that is out there. So with more info at their disposal to make that decision seems the decision would be more concrete and more lasting vice less

7. Default Re: Thoughts on Fan Engagement, Tailgating, Mascot, Marching Band, Pre-Game Intro etc.?

Good point, interesting and seemingly ironic though since there is more information and advertising about schools than ever before???
    I am somewhat amazed the more and more i see that is out there. So with more info at their disposal to make that decision seems the decision would be more concrete and more lasting vice less
    Too many choices confuses people, nothing stands out and nothing is remembered.

TMI causes brain lock.

Personal discovery was the secret sauce way back when.

Every college graduate in the USA walks across the stage, accepts his or her diploma, then walks off stage as an alumni who is ____ed at how much they owe in student loans, thanks to that stupid @** university who just overcharged you.

Then in a few months they call you asking for money.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12

Thread Information