Thread: Less than 13 weeks away

Default Less than 13 weeks away

While we are disappointed the successful diamond sports seasons have ended, we will in time look forward to football season. The August 31 game vs Grambling is 12 weeks from Saturday. I believe other than soccer, football was our only team sport to not post a winning season in 23-24. Therefore it is time they take another step forward. Having lost the fewest amount of players to the portal, perhaps they are poised to do so. Of course the preparation in summer workouts will be key to accomplishing that.

Default Re: Less than 13 weeks away

Oh man, it's time for a little sports break.

I am somewhat optimistic about football, though. As much as I love college football, I pretty much check out from the end of bowl season to fall camp and don't really follow recruiting. All I know is that our 24 class did not rank high but did read some articles that have us picked to finish well as we lost so little in the portal and the league is in a flux again with departing/incoming players and coaches.

It was good to hear that we quietly got some decent looking transfers over the past few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Oh man, it's time for a little sports break.

I am somewhat optimistic about football, though. As much as I love college football, I pretty much check out from the end of bowl season to fall camp and don't really follow recruiting. All I know is that our 24 class did not rank high but did read some articles that have us picked to finish well as we lost so little in the portal and the league is in a flux again with departing/incoming players and coaches.

It was good to hear that we quietly got some decent looking transfers over the past few weeks.
    Were the 3 guys that came aboard in May to be included in recruiting evaluation, our ranking may have gone up quite a bit.

4. Default Re: Less than 13 weeks away

It pains me to say that as each year goes by and NIL continues to turn college football in semi-pro football, I become less and less interested and excited about the upcoming college football season. I used to tune into every moment of SBC media coverage, fall camp coverage, etc. Now, I don't plan to tune into many of the games. It isn't a fair playing field for programs like ours. We are competing with one arm tied behind our backs and the "big guys" have four arms and are armed with knives. It is a sad state of affairs in college sports.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    It pains me to say that as each year goes by and NIL continues to turn college football in semi-pro football, I become less and less interested and excited about the upcoming college football season. I used to tune into every moment of SBC media coverage, fall camp coverage, etc. Now, I don't plan to tune into many of the games. It isn't a fair playing field for programs like ours. We are competing with one arm tied behind our backs and the "big guys" have four arms and are armed with knives. It is a sad state of affairs in college sports.
    We’re the one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Were the 3 guys that came aboard in May to be included in recruiting evaluation, our ranking may have gone up quite a bit.
    Comp rating of 113 finishing 12th in the league.

Texas state had the highest ranking of 78

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Comp rating of 113 finishing 12th in the league.

Texas state had the highest ranking of 78
    When it comes to the portal and limiting oneself to only guys you’ve been in their home already, you’re sealing your fate. The “love’ isn’t mutual, it’s thin as a C note.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    When it comes to the portal and limiting oneself to only guys you’ve been in their home already, you’re sealing your fate. The “love’ isn’t mutual, it’s thin as a C note.
    Good thing the last 2 classes made up for it. 7th and 10th place in the sbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Good thing the last 2 classes made up for it. 7th and 10th place in the sbc.
    I cant even bring myself to say what my gut feeling is for UL football.

Louisiana is going to win the West.

Thread Information