Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: Regional G2 Final: Louisiana 12, Grambling 5

Default Re: GAME 2 REGIONAL vs GRAMBLING

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan20 View Post
    To even have LP warming up is a total failure from our pitching staff and offense
    This.

I hope everyone enjoys the "big" win over Grambling. Used too much pitching that we didn't need to. Cajuns might win one more. But won't have the arms to win the regional after this. For the future, I'm glad to know the main goal of the staff was just getting a meaningless win over Grambling (vs. to be in position to actually win a regional). Oh well.

2. UL Baseball Cajuns Eliminate Tigers To Stay Alive In College Station, 12-5

Caleb Stelly and Luke Yuhasz had three hits each while Andrew Herrmann pitched 5.0 solid innings in relief as No. 22-ranked Louisiana defeated in-state opponent Grambling in an elimination game in the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional on Saturday at Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park.

Default Re: BB Regional G2 Final: Louisiana 12, Grambling 5

Who was supposed to throw today? Somebody has to get outs and the starter wasn’t doing it. And remember, the roster is 27 now, not the 34 they’ve been playing with.

Etheridge getting just 4 outs mandated some guys throw that they probably didn’t want to have to use. And more than they wanted to if they did. You had to make sure and win the game.

Can you imagine the vitriol here if Steven Cash comes in and struggles to throw strikes? Not to mention there was 7 2/3 innings that had to be covered.

4. UL Baseball Re: BB Regional G2 Final: Louisiana 12, Grambling 5

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Who was supposed to throw today? Somebody has to get outs and the starter wasn’t doing it. And remember, the roster is 27 now, not the 34 they’ve been playing with.

Etheridge getting just 4 outs mandated some guys throw that they probably didn’t want to have to use. And more than they wanted to if they did. You had to make sure and win the game.

Can you imagine the vitriol here if Steven Cash comes in and struggles to throw strikes? Not to mention there was 7 2/3 innings that had to be covered.
    Fastball command aside, the tell tale sign for Etheridge is if his slider is working and biting. Today, he was just not getting his arm through that pitch and it was either backing up on him or he was leaving it way up (with little break). If he can find that pitch the next time out (Monday), he can get us a few important outs.

Brian

5. UL Softball Re: BB Regional G2 Final: Louisiana 12, Grambling 5

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Nice! Wish I could have made it this weekend. My daughter graduated from UT a few years ago, and was raised to love the Cajuns, but I can’t blame her for being partial to the Horns now. She still pulls for the Cajuns, but not at the expense of UT. One of these days, I’ll be the one on top at least for one sport in one year.
    Love it. Yes, we will be on top at some point. In the meantime, good for your daughter, she has a great education.

Two years ago (2022) my daughter was at a UT softball game with one of her friends (fellow classmate). They were playing the Cajuns. After UT jumped out to a 4-0 lead, the Cajuns mounted a comeback in the 3rd inning and Megan started cheering when Jourdyn Campbell hit the big three-run homer to tie the game at 4-4. Her friend look at her like she had a third eye and asked if she was really cheering for "the other team". Megan replied, yes - I was raised on Cajun sports. The Cajuns won in extras.

Brian

Brian who was the last #1 overall seed to win the national championship? It’s been a while, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Brian who was the last #1 overall seed to win the national championship? It’s been a while, correct?
    Miami 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Miami 1999.
    Thanks! I remember them saying it yesterday, but couldn’t remember who the team was.

Thanks! I remember them saying it yesterday, but couldn’t remember who the team was.
    It’s a crazy statistic. The 1 seed seems to win it in football, basketball, softball.

Oh Texas. What a disaster.

11. Default Re: BB Regional G2 Final: Louisiana 12, Grambling 5

It may be Miami. They won in 1999 when the Cajuns were one win away from the CWS (won the SR opener vs. Rice).

Edit: missed the replies above.

Brian

12. Default Re: Cajuns Eliminate Tigers To Stay Alive In College Station, 12-5

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Caleb Stelly and Luke Yuhasz had three hits each while Andrew Herrmann pitched 5.0 solid innings in relief as No. 22-ranked Louisiana defeated in-state opponent Grambling in an elimination game in the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional on Saturday at Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park.

…….Cajuns vs 11th inning loser Texas at 2 2morrow!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information