Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Other NCAA Regionals

1. UL Baseball Re: Other NCAA Regionals

I would be surprised if we do not see the lefty, Ace Whitehead tomorrow (pitched nearby at Lampasas High School). But it is always possible they go with Hurley.

It is good that Boehm was spent tonight (76 pitches). Duplantier has also pitched on consecutive days (33 + 27 pitches), so I cannot see him going tomorrow (certainly not effectively). These are the best relief arms for Texas. LBJ Jr. is spent (he pitched very well tonight, BTW).

This is setup for the Cajuns to take care of business, as I suspected. Texas will be throwing beatable arms.

Brian

Default Re: Other NCAA Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I would be surprised if we do not see the lefty, Ace Whitehead tomorrow (pitched nearby at Lampasas High School). But it is always possible they go with Hurley.

It is good that Boehm was spent tonight (76 pitches). Duplantier has also pitched on consecutive days (33 + 27 pitches), so I cannot see him going tomorrow (certainly not effectively). These are the best relief arms for Texas. LBJ Jr. is spent (he pitched very well tonight, BTW).

This is setup for the Cajuns to take care of business, as I suspected. Texas will be throwing beatable arms.

Brian
    Outstanding news now we just have to take care of business

And somehow get through A&M twice with Herrmann spent (VS GRAMBLING). And Morgan spent. I don't see it. I thought we were done as soon as Herrmann entered and then continued to pitch an inning or two. I can't believe that LP was even up and throwing (VS GRAMBLING).

Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    And somehow get through A&M twice with Herrmann spent (VS GRAMBLING). And Morgan spent. I don't see it. I thought we were done as soon as Herrmann entered and then continued to pitch an inning or two. I can't believe that LP was even up and throwing (VS GRAMBLING).

Hope I'm wrong.
    Your points are valid, but this is the postseason. If Morgan and Langevin can get us through Texas this afternoon, I think you’ll see the same guys from Friday night in tonight’s game against A&M. Fluno, Martinez, Christie.

And if they get it done, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Herrmann, McGehee and Etheridge again tomorrow. You obviously don’t want to make a habit of doing things like that, but doing it for one weekend in the postseason…it just is what it is. It’s what’s done all across the country every year, and guys handle it (physically) fine.

And outside of Langevin and maybe Morgan (neither of which would even be in consideration), none of these guys have much of a shot at an MLB career. This is it for them, and I’d be willing to bet that every one of them would absolutely want the ball, especially the seniors (Fluno, Christie, Marshall, Etheridge). It’s the pinnacle of what they’ve worked their entire baseball lives for.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Your points are valid, but this is the postseason. If Morgan and Langevin can get us through Texas this afternoon, I think you’ll see the same guys from Friday night in tonight’s game against A&M. Fluno, Martinez, Christie.

And if they get it done, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Herrmann, McGehee and Etheridge again tomorrow. You obviously don’t want to make a habit of doing things like that, but doing it for one weekend in the postseason…it just is what it is. It’s what’s done all across the country every year, and guys handle it (physically) fine.

And outside of Langevin and maybe Morgan (neither of which would even be in consideration), none of these guys have much of a shot at an MLB career. This is it for them, and I’d be willing to bet that every one of them would absolutely want the ball, especially the seniors (Fluno, Christie, Marshall, Etheridge). It’s the pinnacle of what they’ve worked their entire baseball lives for.
    Basically, we're in a gotta do what we have to do mode

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Good points.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post

Hope I'm wrong.
    Nah, LP was testing a new football we’re using for the first time in the swamp this year.

JMU and CCU both up early.

Wofford jumps all over TSAB. 5-0 after 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    JMU and CCU both up early.

Wofford jumps all over TSAB. 5-0 after 1.
    6-6 now.

Usm up 11-0 over Indiana in the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    6-6 now.
    Wofford implodes. 8-6 TSAB and still batting in 7th. Runners 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs.

12. Default Re: Other NCAA Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Wofford implodes. 8-6 TSAB and still batting in 7th. Runners 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs.
    Wofford runs out of smelling salts and fumbles the ball. LSU wins it 13 -6

don't see how tigers have enuff pitching to win 2 games on heels' field, but it is baseball.

well, they won't be shut out.

Tulane on the way home too. Louisiana and TSAB only state schools left.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information