Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

UL Baseball Game 1 Starting Pitcher

Coach Deggs just said in an interview on WWL Radio that Carson Fluno will be the starter vs Texas on Friday

Not a surprise at all, and a very good decision based on a number of factors.

Now let’s hope he has his best stuff and can eat some innings and give his team a chance to win!

2. Default Re: Game 1 Starting Pitcher

I don’t remember anyone here indicating or recommending Fluno as the game 1 starter

this is an option Louisiana has by having gone 2 and out in the conference tournament

while I don’t believe for one minute that our coach or our players went into the SBC tournament with plans other than to win the whole darn thing, sometimes when you don’t get what you want, it opens up other doors

having a fresh pitching staff with all options rested and available for game one may serve to be an invaluable situation to find oneself in when it comes to chances of winning this regional

Default Re: Game 1 Starting Pitcher

Fluno for game uno!! I like it

Geaux Cajuns !!!

4. Default Re: Game 1 Starting Pitcher

Allows for a lefty against A&M (with a win over Texas), regardless of whether or not Herrmann can go. Playing to win the regional.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Allows for a lefty against A&M (with a win over Texas), regardless of whether or not Herrmann can go. Playing to win the regional.

Brian
    Nm. Quoted the wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I don’t remember anyone here indicating or recommending Fluno as the game 1 starter
    From Monday at 3:46 pm:

If we plan on winning the regional, you’re gonna want a LHP to throw against Tex A&M. So if Herrmann isn’t available (although I think he is) Fluno should go in game 1.

A&Ms Leadoff guy is gonna be a top pick in a couple years and has a ton of power, but he’s a freshman that strikes out a lot and chases offspeed stuff out of the zone. He launches fastballs at any velo. 2 hole hitter has almost 50 career HRs already and is a Soph that hits lefty. 3 hole is Braden Montgomery, a likely top 10 pick in the draft that switch hits but is much better from the left side. Cleanup guy also a switch hitter. DH in the 5 hole is a lefty. And freshman Caden Sorrell further down is a LH hitter as well. Rest of the lineup are good hitters, and right handed, but the guys at the top that will kill you just hammer velo. Softer throwing lefties have had much more success against them than your typical hard throwing RH pitcher.

7. Default Re: Game 1 Starting Pitcher

Like I said, your recommendation was Herrmann.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Coach Deggs just said in an interview on WWL Radio that Carson Fluno will be the starter vs Texas on Friday

Not a surprise at all, and a very good decision based on a number of factors.

Now let’s hope he has his best stuff and can eat some innings and give his team a chance to win!
    I like this. Fridays game may start and stop a few times.

UL Baseball Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Keep an eye on the weather today. It could throw the schedule off.

Been storming all morning here in Houston, looks to be clearing out around 10 or so in College Station with some pop up storm possible throug out the day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Been storming all morning here in Houston, looks to be clearing out around 10 or so in College Station with some pop up storm possible throug out the day.
    More storms now firing around Abilene. The field is natural turf. Very well maintained as you would expect but still won't be as playable as a synthetic turf would be after major rains.

Would a sloppy field favor any of the teams over the other?

I'm in a football state of mind when I see Gameday. I first read that as if the baseball version of ESPN Gameday was going to be in College Station.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information