Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19

Thread: Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

1. Default Re: WHAY A WASTE OF THE BULL PEN TODAY

It sure beats sitting at home like about 200 other teams

Default Re: WHAY A WASTE OF THE BULL PEN TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    If winning the conference and being an at large 2 seed in a regional doesn’t constitute a “successful season”, then your expectations probably aren’t in line with reality.
    40 win season, regular season title, at large berth, (for a 3rd straight regional) absolutely constitutes a successful season. I think a better discussion to be had is if our program is at the beginning or end of a run. Probably fairer to discuss once this team’s season has officially ended.

I certainly agree with your points in this thread that you approach the situation to win the regional and not just night one.

Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Do y'all complain loudly in the stands?
    At times. It’s what long-time fans with brains do at times. If you say you never do, you’re freakin lying.

4. UL Baseball Re: WHAY A WASTE OF THE BULL PEN TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    40 win season, regular season title, at large berth, (for a 3rd straight regional) absolutely constitutes a successful season. I think a better discussion to be had is if our program is at the beginning or end of a run. Probably fairer to discuss once this team’s season has officially ended.

I certainly agree with your points in this thread that you approach the situation to win the regional and not just night one.
    Fully agreed. Both your post and sportsfanatic21's post. It has been a successful season, no matter what happens today. But I do expect the Cajuns will take care of Grambling and have a decent shot to make it to the regional finals with the pitching remaining (winning a second elimination game).

I would go with either McGehee or Etheridge today (both are good choices) - and Etheridge is the choice. You entered the tournament with a strategy to win the regional, as opposed to winning two games. You do not deviate from this strategy now.

We get to play baseball today!

Brian

Default Re: What a Waste of the Bull Pen Friday

I like today's pitching matchup. Etheridge vs. Miguel Baez (10 ERA). Cajuns lit him up in Lafayette earlier this year. Pitched 1 inning allowing 5 hits, 3 runs (all earned).

Bring the bats today! Save the pen!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    At times. It’s what long-time fans with brains do at times. If you say you never do, you’re freakin lying.
    There is a small contingent of folks who think if you point out the obvious in a game, i.e., "our pitching sucked last night.", you're somehow not a fan, you hate the players/coach, you're complaining. It's a weird flex they have. Like it's some badge of honor to never point out the obvious and pretend nothing is ever wrong with the team or their performance. It's sunshine and rainbows. The rainbow coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Do y'all complain loudly in the stands?
    Do you complain loudly about the complainers in the stands?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Like it's some badge of honor to never point out the obvious and pretend nothing is ever wrong with the team or their performance. It's sunshine and rainbows. The rainbow coalition.
    The USL inner circle approves this message.

Everyone needs to get on that bandwagon yesterday.

Default Re: What a Waste of the Bull Pen Friday

Between McGeHee and Etheridge, both good choices. Which ever is the one that can come back Monday for a couple innings would be my choice. Since JT has been conditioned as a reliever and typically pitches on shorter rest may have been Deggs decision?

There is a small contingent of folks who think if you point out the obvious in a game, i.e., "our pitching sucked last night.", you're somehow not a fan, you hate the players/coach, you're complaining. It's a weird flex they have. Like it's some badge of honor to never point out the obvious and pretend nothing is ever wrong with the team or their performance. It's sunshine and rainbows. The rainbow coalition.
    Exactly.

11. Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Sounds like folks like that have never ever been to hoops

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19

Thread Information