Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    So you would have thrown Dohmann in game 2 against South Carolina?
    I guess Robe knew that every rule has exceptions.

2. Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    ……can't help but think that playing on a natural turf after all year on artificial turf can be a problem…. yall thoughts? ….looked like some holes in the dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……can't help but think that playing on a natural turf after all year on artificial turf can be a problem…. yall thoughts? ….looked like some holes in the dirt!
    I think we could have played that game on natural turf, artificial turf, grass, dirt, clay, or an iced over lake and still lost handily.

Robe had to be talked into not starting Dohmann by his staff. Reason I’m clarifying is there’s a few schools of thought and neither are necessarily wrong.

5. Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Guess vic was right.
    Big diff between 3 and 2. We might have been better off being a 3, 10 wins for 3s

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    So you would have thrown Dohmann in game 2 against South Carolina?
    Yes. Robe was going to start Scott and Coach Bab, Coach Sim and Coach Gonzales talked him out of it.

Default Re: WHAY A WASTE OF THE BULL PEN TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Laugh does it really maggard? Beat Grambling then play reeeeaaalll tough against our next opponent before going home

Then pat ourselves on the back for a "successful season"
    How many Super Regionals did we make under Coach Robe?

Yes, at least making it to Sunday night would be progress vs. other seasons under Deggs, but what in the hell are you expecting. Hate to break it to everyone here, but the big boys in the SEC/South are HEAVILY invested in baseball these days, and both UT and A&M have been invested for a while now.

UT may be a 3 seed, but their talent is there to have the expectation of being a 2 seed at worst. Us with our $35 Million athletic budget are going up against two teams this weekend with basically $235 Million budgets.

Now, I do understand frustration in not even appearing competitive last night after the 4th inning.

Let's get through today to advance into tomorrow, then hopefully pull off an upset.

8. Default Re: Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

Deggs postgame quotes: "I'm shocked they only scored 12 runs honestly - 10 walks, 15 hits," Deggs said. "Against good teams like this in settings like this, that's not going to play."The bottom line is for us to do any damage and put ourselves to be in a position to win this thing, we're going to have to win the freebie battle," Deggs said. "We're upside down on that by about minus-50 on the year. It's amazing that we have the wins that we do. To put in perspective, A&M is plus 178 on freebies. We're going to have to play better baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    How many Super Regionals did we make under Coach Robe?

Yes, at least making it to Sunday night would be progress vs. other seasons under Deggs, but what in the hell are you expecting. Hate to break it to everyone here, but the big boys in the SEC/South are HEAVILY invested in baseball these days, and both UT and A&M have been invested for a while now.

UT may be a 3 seed, but their talent is there to have the expectation of being a 2 seed at worst. Us with our $35 Million athletic budget are going up against two teams this weekend with basically $235 Million budgets.

Now, I do understand frustration in not even appearing competitive last night after the 4th inning.

Let's get through today to advance into tomorrow, then hopefully pull off an upset.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Laugh does it really maggard? Beat Grambling then play reeeeaaalll tough against our next opponent before going home

Then pat ourselves on the back for a "successful season"
    If winning the conference and being an at large 2 seed in a regional doesn’t constitute a “successful season”, then your expectations probably aren’t in line with reality.

I.made almost every home game. as well as some road games every year for the last 20 years. Sc---w yourself.
    Do y'all complain loudly in the stands?

12. Default Re: WHAY A WASTE OF THE BULL PEN TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Well said.
    Coastal Carolina whipped Vandy a SEC school yesterday. A lot of other schools pulled an upset and was very competitive hell it took North Carolina to hit a walk off to win. Frustration is the lack of competetivness last night. Hopefully we win today and can show something next day. When the bracket came out I think everyone knew damn put us somewhere else. I would have taken going out West.

13. Default Re: Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

Is winning the freebie battle same as winning the turnover battle in football or free throw shooting in hoops, because that wasnt a popular take with other sports on here- signed big fish

14. Default Re: Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

Are trailing teams allowed to ask for game to end early in order to save pitching?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan20 View Post
    Coastal Carolina whipped Vandy a SEC school yesterday. A lot of other schools pulled an upset and was very competitive hell it took North Carolina to hit a walk off to win. Frustration is the lack of competetivness last night. Hopefully we win today and can show something next day. When the bracket came out I think everyone knew damn put us somewhere else. I would have taken going out West.
    Yeah a lot of lower seeds won yesterday. And while the Cajuns were the higher seed (and it’s been discussed ad nauseum whether or not that means much) they played the game last night to give themselves the best chance to win the regional.

Had Morgan and Langevin thrown last nights game, maybe the Cajuns win and everybody is beating their chest today about a great win. And then probably take a beat down from A&M and we’re back to square one.

They really needed Fluno to have a great start and keep them in the game for 6 or so innings. It didn’t happen. And then Christie had possibly the worst outing of his career. Two freshmen with 4.2 combined innings all year pitched in the middle innings, in an obvious display of trying to save pitching for any chance at making a run through the losers bracket. And all of that led to a lopsided score…against a school with the largest budget in the country and in the conversation for the best college baseball programs in history.

The offense scored 5 runs, and probably should have had more. And had the game been closer, I’m sure trying to manufacture a run here or there would have been the case rather than chasing 6 or 7.

The plan has been good. It hasn’t worked out so far. But there are still games to play.

And anyone that was EXPECTING the Cajuns to win this regional are viewing things through Vermillion colored glasses. Was/is it possible? Sure. But the likelihood was already very slim, and is now even slimmer.

Personally, I’d prefer my team to take the approach of doing what they can to give themselves the best chance to WIN the regional, regardless of the odds. And not just go there to win a couple games and “have a good showing”. That’s what was done.

My hope is that someone like McGehee or Etheridge or whoever else pitches today against Grambling and that Morgan and Herrmann (if he’s available-it would be nice to know) for games against either A&M or Texas.

As has been said, if you can’t beat Grambling without your best arms, then does any of the rest even matter?

Here’s to the Cajuns getting a win this afternoon and then seeing what happens after that. You never know what can happen.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information