Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Regional G1 Final: Louisiana 5, Texas 12

Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    This is EXACLTY who this team has been most of the year. Struggle at the plate against above average pitching and inconsistent on the mound. The pitching and bullpen benefited from a weak part of the schedule and then got exposed against Coastal, Troy, and in the SBC tourney. We are who we are (which is not a 2 seed by the way). We may have played well enough in conference play against weak teams to get a 2 seed but we are not that. We should have been a 3 seed. I said it not long ago and got hounded. This is EXACLTY who we are.

P.S. I would love for them to prove me wrong the rest of the way. I didn’t expect to win this regional but good lord man don’t get bukkaked in game 1 of regionals.
    This team was good a month ago. Then Herrmann got hurt and Langevin hit the wall. Didn’t have the pitching depth to overcome, and essentially losing your #1 and 2 arms would crush most anyone.

This team isn’t built to hit its way out of a regional, but clearly that’s what it has to do. Start with Grambling tomorrow and go from there.

Geaux Cajuns!!

Default Re: WHAY A WASTE OF THE BULL PEN TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Didn't understand using Martinez.

Who goes against Grambling? Better not be Morgan or Herrmann - if we are playing to win the regional not just a game.
    This is game where you be cocky. Bull pen it an hope we hit a bad pitching team. Fingers crossed.

If the Cajuns are playing to win the regional, we won't see Herrmann or Morgan until Sunday. If we can't beat Grambling with weekday arms and Bullpen arms then we need to go home anyway.

If the Cajuns are playing to win the regional, we won't see Herrmann or Morgan until Sunday. If we can't beat Grambling with weekday arms and Bullpen arms then we need to go home anyway.
    Pitch your best tomorrow. Nothing is given.

This. Funny enough we are in as good a place as anyone to work through the losers bracket (assuming Hermann is available). If we see Morgan or Hermann tomorrow I will be completely disappointed in this staff’s decision making.

I’d go with Blake McGeHee tomorrow.
    Tell Martinez and Fluno to be prepared to throw again on Monday.

7. UL Baseball BB: 'Horns Use Middle-Inning Surge To Get Past Cajuns, 12-5

Solo home runs from Lee Amedee and Trey LaFleur gave No. 22 Louisiana an early lead against Texas, but a three-run, fourth inning allowed the Longhorns to take the lead before a seven-run fifth to pull away and claim a 12-5 win in the nightcap of the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional on Friday at Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Pitch your best tomorrow. Nothing is given.
    If we can't beat Grambling with our middle to bottom arms, we need to go home because we're not winning the regional.

If we beat Grambling and have to use Morgan and/or Hermann and/or LP. We're done. Stick a fork in us. That win over Grambling means NOTHING.

I get it, you have to win the next one, but the ONLY goal that really means anything is advancing to the Regional Championship and then Monday, then to the Supers. To do that, we need our best arms to be facing Texas and A&M. If Cajun staff thinks we aren't going to be able to advance and we need our best arms to beat Grambling, Cajuns are not as good as we thought they were. And the goalposts of just getting one (meaningless) regional win have been lowered. Unacceptable in my book. I thought we would compete to win a regional this year. Not get just one win against the 4 seed.

We'll see who the staff chooses for Grambling. Going for one win? Or - (hopefully) putting the team in position to compete for the regional? What's the goal?

9. Default Re: College Station | Gameday

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    One positive from today is that we don’t get run-ruled. Another is that maybe Texas scored too many runs today and ran out of their allotment for the next time we play them if we can get past Grambling.
    No run rule in the NCAA tournament. See OU and Coastal. Obviously the optimum scenario is to go 2-0 in the first two games, but if you have to go 1-1, I’d rather do it this way.

Instead of burning your best pitchers in a loss to A&M tomorrow, and then not having anything left for a Texas rematch, you can have a bullpen game against Grambling, give yourself a better chance in the semis by saving your best bullets, and then do your worst in the finals. That’s my “positive” take for the night. Oh well.

How was the bullpen wasted?

Two freshmen that had thrown a combined total of less than 5 innings both pitched. Somebody has to throw all 9 of the innings.

11. Default Re: WHAY A WASTE OF THE BULL PEN TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    How was the bullpen wasted?

Two freshmen that had thrown a combined total of less than 5 innings both pitched. Somebody has to throw all 9 of the innings.
    ……Marshall to repeat last years super performance!]

Laugh does it really maggard? Beat Grambling then play reeeeaaalll tough against our next opponent before going home

Then pat ourselves on the back for a "successful season"

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    No run rule in the NCAA tournament. See OU and Coastal. Obviously the optimum scenario is to go 2-0 in the first two games, but if you have to go 1-1, I’d rather do it this way.

Instead of burning your best pitchers in a loss to A&M tomorrow, and then not having anything left for a Texas rematch, you can have a bullpen game against Grambling, give yourself a better chance in the semis by saving your best bullets, and then do your worst in the finals. That’s my “positive” take for the night. Oh well.
    For the record, I was being facetious with the run-rule comment. However, I actually hadn’t known that until someone else mentioned it yesterday.

I couldn’t bear to watch the end of the game, but out of curiosity how many runs DID we lose by yesterday?

If we can't beat Grambling with our middle to bottom arms, we need to go home because we're not winning the regional.

If we beat Grambling and have to use Morgan and/or Hermann and/or LP. We're done. Stick a fork in us. That win over Grambling means NOTHING.

I get it, you have to win the next one, but the ONLY goal that really means anything is advancing to the Regional Championship and then Monday, then to the Supers. To do that, we need our best arms to be facing Texas and A&M. If Cajun staff thinks we aren't going to be able to advance and we need our best arms to beat Grambling, Cajuns are not as good as we thought they were. And the goalposts of just getting one (meaningless) regional win have been lowered. Unacceptable in my book. I thought we would compete to win a regional this year. Not get just one win against the 4 seed.

We'll see who the staff chooses for Grambling. Going for one win? Or - (hopefully) putting the team in position to compete for the regional? What's the goal?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I learned coaching along time ago you never save someone for a certain team. Win G1 first and work from that.
    So you would have thrown Dohmann in game 2 against South Carolina?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information