Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MBB Roster

1. Default Re: MBB Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He is also 220 pounds and strong. I believe they do plan to use him inside. He had several high rebound number games against talented teams. He must know how to position himself well and likely has good reaction time in order to get the ball coming off the glass.
    Lewis was one inch taller than Cook and 10lbs lighter. I don’t see a difference other than Cook being more physical. And if he is a more physical Lewis then he will be more than enough to handle some inside responsibilities.

Default Re: MBB Roster

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    Cook is just 6'6, hardly a inside player.
    Bryce Washington size as well as Brian Hamilton; they did fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Lewis was one inch taller than Cook and 10lbs lighter. I don’t see a difference other than Cook being more physical. And if he is a more physical Lewis then he will be more than enough to handle some inside responsibilities.
    That is true defensively and on the glass. Lewis could score with that little floater in the lane and was a 90 percent free throw shooter. Cook does not have those offensive skills. He was a 65 percent free throw shooter last season. It will be interesting in how they plan to use him. I suspect Cook, Evans, and Ratliff will all compete to start inside next to Hosanna. My prediction is Cook wins that battle simply due to experience. He played 2 years of JUCO ball before playing 2 at JSU. I expect all 4 to play in most games.

Bryce was fun to watch. He was a great silent leader.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    It’s really tough being optimistic about much right now as a Cajuns fan. My hopes for UL to ever be a good basketball program fizzled out about 10 years ago. Wake me up when Bob Marlin retires.
    The program is all but dead. Metro area of 1M and less than 1500 show up.

That’s all you need to know

Man this era of college athletics is insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You are correct in that the name of the newest guy to come aboard is Cook. I agree with CajunT in that he is not as talented on offense as Powell. Scoring he does get comes from picking up garbage around the basket. He is an energy/hustle type guy that fans may appreciate.
    Fans will always appreciate that type of play.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information