Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Potential dumb question.

Default Re: Potential dumb question.

I'm just hoping for a regional win. Worry about Super, later on.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    I just don't think we are winning this regional. A&M is good at home and Texas is a tough draw for us. I hope I am wrong.
    No doubt that our Cajuns have an uphill battle going to Texas A&M. However, everyone thought the same thing in 2000 when they won the regional and then were sent to South Carolina, the #1 overall seed that year! It turned out to be the path to the Cajuns one and only CWS appearance. If they play well it can be done, so let's do it!!!

3. Default Re: Potential dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    No doubt that our Cajuns have an uphill battle going to Texas A&M. However, everyone thought the same thing in 2000 when they won the regional and then were sent to South Carolina, the #1 overall seed that year! It turned out to be the path to the Cajuns one and only CWS appearance. If they play well it can be done, so let's do it!!!
    Now we talkin!

4. Default Re: Potential dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I’m not sure what you’re misinterpreting. So we’ll start here and work our way down the Cajun road.

Do you think if UL and UCSB win their regionals, UL has a chance to host? Because unless UCSB cannot host a super regional, as a #1 seed, they would host UL.
    Seeds do not control hosting after 1 through 8. Any team after 1 through 8 must submit a bid (proposal) to host in order to qualify to be considered.

So, if Louisiana submitted a bid before the deadline and UCSB did not (in other words if they only submitted a bid to host a regional) and Louisiana’s bit is a qualifying bid, then we host.

If both submitted a qualifying bid to host a super regional, then on Monday, both bids will considered and the Super Regional will be awarded then.

If neither submitted a bid prior to the bid deadline, then both will have an opportunity to submit a qualifying bid and will be considered when the super regional host site is awarded.

again, seeds do not control as you have suggested time and time again and been told time and time again that’s not how it works

truly hope this helps you

GG posted as such and it did not seem to phase you

try listening llama

5. Default Re: Potential dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    There is a deadline to submit separate bids for regionals and super regionals (same deadline), which has long passed. The athletic administration has been consistent about bidding for both regionals and super regionals in baseball and softball. I do not know whether or not San Diego, for example, submitted a bid to host somewhere (need not be their campus facility).

Brian
    Yet another process by the ncaa that seems would be easy to make more transparent, yet they wont

6. Default Re: Potential dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Yet another process by the ncaa that seems would be easy to make more transparent, yet they wont
    nothing hard or missing transparency here unless you try to make sense of the posts of those which obviously have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Seeds do not control hosting after 1 through 8. Any team after 1 through 8 must submit a bid (proposal) to host in order to qualify to be considered.

So, if Louisiana submitted a bid before the deadline and UCSB did not (in other words if they only submitted a bid to host a regional) and Louisiana’s bit is a qualifying bid, then we host.

If both submitted a qualifying bid to host a super regional, then on Monday, both bids will considered and the Super Regional will be awarded then.

If neither submitted a bid prior to the bid deadline, then both will have an opportunity to submit a qualifying bid and will be considered when the super regional host site is awarded.

again, seeds do not control as you have suggested time and time again and been told time and time again that’s not how it works

truly hope this helps you

GG posted as such and it did not seem to phase you

try listening llama
    Bold wording seem to say otherwise:

31.1.3.2.1 Criteria for Site Determination. The following criteria are to be used in the evaluation of sites for all competition in NCAA championships: (Revised: 11/1/01, 11/1/07 effective 8/1/08, 8/7/14, 10/4/17)

(a) Quality and availability of the facility and other necessary accommodations;

(b) Revenue potential (e.g., a financial guarantee or guideline that ensures fiscal responsibility and is appropriate for the particular event, as recommended by the governing sports committee and approved by the applicable sport oversight committee or the Competition Oversight Committee);

(c) Attendance history and potential;

(d) Geographical location; and

(e) Championships operating costs.

https://www.ncaapublications.com/pro.loads/D123.pdf

In addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31, the Division I Baseball Committee reviews the following criteria when selecting super regional sites:

Super regional competition shall take place at on-campus or approved alternate sites.

Prospective host institutions must submit a minimum financial guarantee of $35,000, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the hosting proposal (online proposed budget and financial report form). The $35,000 minimum applies to both two-day and three-day super-regional competition.

Consideration for hosting shall be given to the better seed, including the 16 national seeds, if a suitable hosting proposal has been received (i.e., meets financial guarantee and quality of facility criteria). If the better seed has not submitted a proposal, the lower-seeded team will host if its proposal is acceptable.

If the super regional match-up is between equally seeded teams, the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (i.e., quality and availability of facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one team has submitted a hosting proposal, that team shall host if the hosting proposal is acceptable.

Lights are highly recommended at all prospective super regional sites. These lights should meet the NCAA standards found at: NCAA.com/news/ncaa/article/2013-11-21/ncaa-best-lighting-practices.

The committee will consider previous crowd control and behavior of the prospective host institution.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha.tOpsManual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    nothing hard or missing transparency here unless you try to make sense of the posts of those which obviously have no clue
    Tell you what, if you’d like to make a wager when this comes true, put your money up.

UCSB will be hosting the Cajuns unless they weren’t able to.

Uh oh. Facts

10. Default Re: Potential dumb question.

Tell you what, if you’d like to make a wager when this comes true, put your money up.

What does “unless they weren’t able to” mean?

I hope you are correct and win this bet. It would mean we win a regional.
    Vic, I will cover 25%

12. Default Re: Potential dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I hope you are correct and win this bet. It would mean we win a regional.
    Vic, I will cover 25%
    I love your critical thinking

13. Default Re: Potential dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    And still only "road" SR win for any school from Louisiana

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information