Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Field of 64 and The Bubble

Default Re: The Field of 64 and The Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan20 View Post
    Advantages of 1 seed A&M gets to throw their 5th best pitcher against Grambling and have all their pitching ready for next games. We have to grind it against Texas. I wonder who we start against Texas Morgan?
    Herrmann available?

2. Default Re: The Field of 64 and The Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Herrmann available?
    If I had to guess I think Morgan goes game 1 then fluno game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan20 View Post
    If I had to guess I think Morgan goes game 1 then fluno game 2.
    If we plan on winning the regional, you’re gonna want a LHP to throw against Tex A&M. So if Herrmann isn’t available (although I think he is) Fluno should go in game 1.

A&Ms Leadoff guy is gonna be a top pick in a couple years and has a ton of power, but he’s a freshman that strikes out a lot and chases offspeed stuff out of the zone. He launches fastballs at any velo. 2 hole hitter has almost 50 career HRs already and is a Soph that hits lefty. 3 hole is Braden Montgomery, a likely top 10 pick in the draft that switch hits but is much better from the left side. Cleanup guy also a switch hitter. DH in the 5 hole is a lefty. And freshman Caden Sorrell further down is a LH hitter as well. Rest of the lineup are good hitters, and right handed, but the guys at the top that will kill you just hammer velo. Softer throwing lefties have had much more success against them than your typical hard throwing RH pitcher.

But you also have to win game 1 for that to matter. And if Herrmann is available and can give you some length as a starter, then it really doesn’t matter so much.

4. UL Baseball Re: The Field of 64 and The Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    If we plan on winning the regional, you’re gonna want a LHP to throw against Tex A&M.
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Brian

5. Default Re: The Field of 64 and The Bubble

Interesting fact… Cajuns and Longhorns are both 0-5 in neutral site games. Great pitching insight on A&M. What about Texas? Lefty vs Right?

Maybe Fluno vs. Texas and the lefties (Morgan and Herrmann) vs. A&M both times to win the regional.!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbball View Post
    Interesting fact… Cajuns and Longhorns are both 0-5 in neutral site games. Great pitching insight on A&M. What about Texas? Lefty vs Right?
    Brian can probably answer that better than I can. I haven’t seen Texas since the weekend at MMP.

Going just off of that, they have a ton of power in their lineup and I remember quite a few balls DEEP into the seats in RF. And looking at their stats confirmed the “ton of power”. They’ve hit 109 HRs this season. Limit free passes and keep the HRs to solo shots.

They don’t have the typical U of Texas pitching that they’ve been known for over the last 40 years!

Cajuns will need to score some runs to beat them.

8. Default Re: The Field of 64 and The Bubble

We will need LP to revert back to LP to have any shot at this regional. We will also need scary to say it Martinez to step up to win this thing. He is the key guy with his stuff it’s time for him to show out. Texas boy needs to step up.

Gonna need quite a few guys to have great weekends to win this regional

This is also the time of year another lefty showed up out of nowhere and got us into a regional in College Station 1 year ago.Marshall,. be nice to see this again!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Lamar didn’t get in? That’s brutal. They are legit.
    RPI in the 60s range. Nicholls was a few spots ahead of them. Most of the SLC doesn’t buy into baseball. SBC has enough buying in to pull the dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    This is also the time of year another lefty showed up out of nowhere and got us into a regional in College Station 1 year ago.Marshall,. be nice to see this again!
    Yep. Gonna need some hero performances from some guys like that one was.

*got us into the Miami regional

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    RPI in the 60s range. Nicholls was a few spots ahead of them. Most of the SLC doesn’t buy into baseball. SBC has enough buying in to pull the dead weight.
    But the SLC is a decent enough baseball league. I just feel teams like Charleston and Lamar were overlooked simply because of elitism or ignorance. Florida making the cut is laughable.

Does Florida put fear into the eyes of their opponents more than Lamar and Charleston? Yes. But don’t inject them with life and a fresh start when more deserving teams are available.

I felt TCU should have been in before Florida and Texas. Actually figured they’d be in Texas’s spot. Ironically I’m more afraid of Texas than TCU even though I think TCU should be there.

Lamar was 3-1 in Q1 with a sweep of Oklahoma. They were 4-5 in Q1 and 2 combined. 29-5 against Q4. Sorry, gotta schedule better or win your bad conference.

Also they were 12-9 on the road 24-4 at home. I’ve herd it’s tough to beat them in Beaumont, wink wink

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information