Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Regional Seeding

1. Default Re: Regional Seeding

nobody is anything until the committee seeds them

once the committee seeds them, it’s a fact

2. Default Re: Regional Seeding

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    One is a 2 and the other is a 3. In a field of 4, yes. Now I’m done. You can do your gymnastics with others here. GG dismissed it all with a proclaimed NO COMMENT yesterday and I’m doing the same today.
    But how is their time at the regional different
    Given same team either way how does (other than batting firts or 2nd) does anything change just if the number next to name changes

Default Re: Regional Seeding

Quote Originally Posted by FastCar View Post
    nobody is anything until the committee seeds them

once the committee seeds them, it’s a fact
    It’s a fact that one is seeded higher than the other. Nobody said anything to the contrary.

Being seeded 2 or 3 DOES NOT mean one team is “better” than the other, particularly in the top seeded teams regionals. And especially to the degree that it’s some big disadvantage to be the 3 seed instead of the 2.

When we’re talking about the difference in the 2 and 3 seed in the #15 or #16 seed’s regional, then yes, the 2 seed likely had a more impressive season than the 3 seed.

But this entire conversation has been about the Cajuns baseball team, at least that’s my assumption due to this being the Cajuns message board and talk of seeding would be about where the Cajuns will be seeded. And the Cajuns will be likely be in one of the “National” seed regionals…where the difference between the 2 and the 3 is negligible, if it exists at all. Hence…it doesn’t matter other than what uniform you wear and if you bat in the top of the bottom of each inning.

It’s not the MOUND of a difference you proclaimed with one of your other user names.

I said I was moving on the last time I commented on this. So I apologize for not sticking to my word, and am now done with this for real. There’s simply nothing else to say about it and my mind won’t be changed…and I couldn’t possibly care less that anyone who disagrees with me about it changes theirs either. It was a quick discussion point that went WAY off the rails.

Back to the Cajuns, I was hoping they would be “one of the middle teams” in a region hosted by someone other than the top 5 or 6 teams likely to hold seeds 1-5/6, because that host team will be one of the most difficult to have to beat twice (along with beating another team or two) to advance.

That isn’t likely now with the performance in Montgomery, so it’s probably a moot point. It’ll now be more difficult to win a regional, but not impossible. We’ll find out the result of all of it next week

4. Default Re: Regional Seeding

That is the longest post I have ever seen to say nothing.

Now tell me again what is your objection to MY post to which you responded?

Cajuns current rpi is 37. We need to pull for usm and Georgia southern today since we have 6 games against them and want usm to get in the top 25. We want usm to win the tournament. That should yield our highest possible rpi come Monday.

That College Station regional is a rough one. Should have not gone 0-2 I guess!

7. Default Re: Regional Seeding

can’t change geography

New update from D1baseball

#7 Florida State
    Louisiana
    UCF
    Army

9. Default Re: Regional Seeding

497 miles, hmmm

10. Default Re: Regional Seeding

Maybe theyre counting army as coming from fort benning to get the 2 teams under 400 miles

I’ll take that over College Station any day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information