Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

1. Default Re: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Same pose as when he was standing vertical.

Turn the picture sideways, its true.

Default Re: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

RiiightThat "New Mexico" food sure is spicy.
    New Mexico is known as the chile capital of the world and the hub of chile in the United States and North America. Chile peppers have been cultivated in the state's Rio Grande Valley for centuries and are a staple ingredient in many popular New Mexican dishes. The state's climate and soil type make it ideal for growing chile peppers, which are worth $60 million at harvest and quadruple in value after processing.

Hot pepper sauce made in NM

New Mexico hot sauce brands
    El Bruno's
    El Pinto
    El Rancho De Los Garcia's
    Fresh Chile Co
    Fresh Hatch Chile
    Hatch Chile Store
    La Posta Chile
    Los Roast
    Santa Fe Seasons
    Taos Hum

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    New Mexico is known as the chile capital of the world and the hub of chile in the United States and North America. Chile peppers have been cultivated in the state's Rio Grande Valley for centuries and are a staple ingredient in many popular New Mexican dishes. The state's climate and soil type make it ideal for growing chile peppers, which are worth $60 million at harvest and quadruple in value after processing.

Hot pepper sauce made in NM

New Mexico hot sauce brands
    El Bruno's
    El Pinto
    El Rancho De Los Garcia's
    Fresh Chile Co
    Fresh Hatch Chile
    Hatch Chile Store
    La Posta Chile
    Los Roast
    Santa Fe Seasons
    Taos Hum
    Not my point. Of course New MEXICO is gonna have spicy food. My point is that they are not the "go to" for spicy food references in the population. If you are making a movie, a TV show or a commercial, and you want to make a joke about spicy food, you are going to reference Cajun food/pepper/culture, not "New Mexico" food.

4. Default Re: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

Not my point. Of course New MEXICO is gonna have spicy food. My point is that they are not the "go to" for spicy food references in the population. If you are making a movie, a TV show or a commercial, and you want to make a joke about spicy food, you are going to reference Cajun food/pepper/culture, not "New Mexico" food.
    only because the real hot pepper sauce is founded and made in South Louisiana (Tobasco) but it still goes back to the ��️ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Same pose as when he was standing vertical.

Turn the picture sideways, its true.
    I think we are now criticizing the guy in the suit, not the character. To me, the Cayenne character would be much more conducive to being the Spirit Leader we need.

6. Default Re: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

I think we are now criticizing the guy in the suit, not the character. To me, the Cayenne character would be much more conducive to being the Spirit Leader we need.
    Al has so much more opportunity to be great than the ��️

besides, the pepper ��️ is dead

I disagree that is what NM is known for, specially peppers. I have seen jokes when it comes to NM and spice

8. Default Re: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

You are probably right, didn't mean to.

Here is part of the problem with the suit.

Cayenne could be spinning away on a lazy susan and you couldn't tell it was moving.

A snout is a must on a spirit leader.

Just turning its head shows activity.

Cajun Chicken had this advantage. Human mascots and Cayenne strike out in the appearance of activity department.

Cayenne was easy to make fun of. and this school, when faced with a choice of defending their decisions or pivoting to a new direction, has always opted to do nothing at all and pretend like nothing ever happened

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Cayenne was easy to make fun of. and this school, when faced with a choice of defending their decisions or pivoting to a new direction, has always opted to do nothing at all and pretend like nothing ever happened
    They certainly didn't fight hard enough for him when they had legit reasons to do so. I think they are now resolved to do nothing. They know that any mascot/spirit leader they choose will get plenty of criticism because there is no right answer. To them, the best move is not to play.

They don't want the hassle of defending their selection.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    our best mascot was still the Cajun Man even if snowflakes said it was racist, of course somehow in the US coon ass became a racist word even though the people who it refers to don't see it that way
    There was nothing cajun about that mascot. Nothing. If you showed it to anyone outside of the school, who would say, "oh look, a Cajun man." No one is the answer.

Cayenne was a terrible mascot. It just looked terrible and scared children. The flaming d!ldo as many have called it

14. Default Re: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Cayenne was a terrible mascot. It just looked terrible and scared children. The flaming d!ldo as many have called it
    well, it’s confirmed, you were not Cayenne

15. Default Re: My Analysis of Why Cayenne Died at UL:

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The chicken was a grown man an alumni and not affiliated with the school at all. He made up all of his own skits. The person inside of cayenne was a young student probably not as much confidence and not quit as sure of him / herself.

You can make what ever kind of suit you want it’s the person in the costume that will make or break it.
    Copying is the highest form of flattery. There’s certain things that can be done over and over again never getting old. Whatever the spirit leader is they need to use some of the Cajun Chicken tried and true skits. Paying off a zebra is funny no matter who does it. Of course they need to develop timing skills and personalities.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information