Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Rob Rob Perillo is the biggest fear monger there is

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Rob Rob Perillo is the biggest fear monger there is
    Michael Crowley on KADN is going to give him a run for his money.

When Rob opens his mouth, I make money. I invested in toilet paper. KMB ticker.

2023 had the same weather pattern as 1962. Lots of record highs and hurricane tracks due to seasonal high pressure anchor locations. Learned that by researching, those tools had to belch the government lines.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Michael Crowley on KADN is going to give him a run for his money.

When Rob opens his mouth, I make money. I invested in toilet paper. KMB ticker.

2023 had the same weather pattern as 1962. Lots of record highs and hurricane tracks due to seasonal high pressure anchor locations. Learned that by researching, those tools had to belch the government lines.
    �� correct

So the NOAA narrative was refuted, y'all move on to Perillo? LOL. Maybe turn the channel to someone that reflects your views better.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Fear sells. It's a guessing game. They were way off last year. They'll probably be off again this year.
    Of the 21 past years on the graph above, the total storm count was

Within the range 11 times

Above the range 9 times

Below the range 1 time

Take your L and stop digging that hole!

My only complaint with the weather analysis is when they show an average number of storms spanning more than twenty years or so. My weather buds in the Air Force agreed that historical data missed a number of storms that would have been counted in the more modern era. Today’s technology is really amazing.
    Cannot deny that sea temps are rising and air getting warmer. Folks can argue man made or not and can split hairs on rapidity of rise of temps versus pre and historical data. But it’s just flat warming up. No longer debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Folks can argue man made or not and can split hairs on rapidity of rise of temps versus pre and historical data. But it’s just flat warming up. No longer debatable.
    It's (man-made or not) really NOT debatable. We all know the planet was once in an Ice Age. It warmed up. Clearly there was a NATURAL phenomenon that occurred to warm the planet. We certainly can't blame man on that warming. There were essentially no man-made emissions (No factories. No fossil fules. No SUV's). yet, the planet warmed. Go figure! Now it's all man's fault. LOL. It's really just all about control and money. Just like everything else.

The Earth is 4.6 billion years old. In that time, countless atmospheric climate variations have pummeled the Earth. Tectonic plates diverge, transform, or converge, creating subduction zones resulting in volcanoes and earthquakes altering the planet. The magnetic poles reverse over and over, and asteroids crash into the Earth. Solar output varies with time. Gravitational influences by forces of the Moon, neighboring planets, and distant galaxies subtly affect the overall climate on Earth. Humanity has populated the Earth only an infinitesimal fraction of the Earth’s existence. The industrialized age was only a microsecond of geological duration and had a negligible impact on Earth’s overall climate. Climate cycles, on a geologic time scale of hundreds, thousands, or millions of years, will never be changed, influenced, or mitigated by human intervention.

Also don’t forget the 40,000 year long earth oscillation or wobble that occurs while rotating. It takes 40,000 years for one wobble. This basically changes the tilt of the earth thus the intensity of the seasons. This is why ice ages occur and end every 40,000 years and not because we drive SUVs or heat our homes. Remember the Great Lakes were still solid ice glaciers a mile thick 10,000 years ago; absolutely nothing to do with humans.

The Donner party is a testament to trying to long term predict weather is a shell game.

Some of y'all are confidently incorrect.

11. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Some

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The Donner party is a testament to trying to long term predict weather is a shell game.
    And howler monkeys are dropping dead out of trees in Mexico because of the heat. What's your point?!?
    SlickRick--So extinctions happened before humans were humans, are we to assume humans have not caused ANY extinctions? Carrier pigeons? Dodo birds? Tasmanian tigers? Lots of others would like to have a word.

Tell us brother. You know the truth, right?

14. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

And howler monkeys are dropping dead out of trees in Mexico because of the heat. What's your point?!?
    SlickRick--So extinctions happened before humans were humans, are we to assume humans have not caused ANY extinctions? Carrier pigeons? Dodo birds? Tasmanian tigers? Lots of others would like to have a word.
    Hunted to extinction is a different topic, try to stay focused.

Last summer was the hottest I have ever expeienced here, 109f though I did experience 116f in Nebraska as a kid.

I hear "more hurricanes" and think less heat and no drought.

15. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Hunted to extinction is a different topic, try to stay focused.

Last summer was the hottest I have ever expeienced here, 109f though I did experience 116f in Nebraska as a kid.

I hear "more hurricanes" and think less heat and no drought.
    better get your pirogue ready in abbeville

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information