Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    and don't forget eating beef . . .
    It’s ironic cattle (beef) and vegans eat the same thing.

We’ll let me head to town. I’ll drive my pickup since it contributes to the CO2 myth more than my car. That 0.04% of the atmosphere is just so deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

We’ll let me head to town. I’ll drive my pickup since it contributes to the CO2 myth more than my car. That 0.04% of the atmosphere is just so deadly.
    Yeah kind of like the electric cars fueled by electricity. which comes from (clean) coal (for the most part)!!! LOL. Can't make this up!

Bottom line: It's all about control. No thanks. I'm going to live my life and not worry about a little methane gas coming from a cow.

Thank God for NATURAL global warming, or we would still be in the Ice Age.

3. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

I thought I drew all this with crayons for that other guy. Replace some N2 or O2 in your breathing with .04% of chlorine gas and then give me a call. Oh that's right, your lungs would not be there anymore.
    Maybe some of your low info friends take that ____e seriously but you seem smart enough to know that concentration matters.
    Or are you saying that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas? I cannot follow the whiplash from Perillo to CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere.

4. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Yeah kind of like the electric cars fueled by electricity. which comes from (clean) coal (for the most part)!!! LOL. Can't make this up!

Bottom line: It's all about control. No thanks. I'm going to live my life and not worry about a little methane gas coming from a cow.

Thank God for NATURAL global warming, or we would still be in the Ice Age.
    Not quite on coalName:  outlet-graph-large.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  44.9 KB

Interesting fact-We are in an ice age currently. An inter-glacial period of the current ice age but an ice age nonetheless.

5. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    I thought I drew all this with crayons for that other guy. Replace some N2 or O2 in your breathing with .04% of chlorine gas and then give me a call. Oh that's right, your lungs would not be there anymore.
    Maybe some of your low info friends take that ____e seriously but you seem smart enough to know that concentration matters.
    Or are you saying that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas? I cannot follow the whiplash from Perillo to CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere.
    CO2

Isnt that what plants thrive on?

I wonderfully designed eco system we have here on earth.

.Or are you saying that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas? I cannot follow the whiplash from Perillo to CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere.
    Oh, you'll love this one.

Warming is not following increased CO2 levels.

CO2 levels increase BECAUSE of the warming.

7. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Oh, you'll love this one.

Warming is not following increased CO2 levels.

CO2 levels increase BECAUSE of the warming.
    LOL No. Rocks, which are good carbon sinks, work better as it gets warmer. Unfortunately, scientists discovered a few years ago that weathering of rocks releases A LOT of carbon.

8. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    CO2

Isnt that what plants thrive on?

I wonderfully designed eco system we have here on earth.
    CO2 levels and temps were much higher during the Mesozoic and you had incredible plant life. Tree sized ferns and the like all the way into the high latitudes. Weirdly enough, not much grass since it evolved later than other plants.

9. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

CO2 levels and temps were much higher during the Mesozoic and you had incredible plant life. Tree sized ferns and the like all the way into the high latitudes. Weirdly enough, not much grass since it evolved later than other plants.
    Personally I think the grass types then just didn't survive decomposition restraint.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

10. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Personally I think the grass types then just didn't survive decomposition restraint.

True but if you have evidence of everything else but not that one thing, the working hypothesis is that that thing was not there.

11. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

now do red

12. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

True but if you have evidence of everything else but not that one thing, the working hypothesis is that that thing was not there.
    Empty shelves at the supermarket for the most popular item shouldn’t be construed to have never existed just because less tasty items remain.

13. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

I have a grass compost and I can not tell it was grass after three years.

I’ve always wondered how dinosaur might have tasted. I’m guessing some would have been very tough. Others, maybe like gator?

15. Default Re: NOAA issues its most aggressive hurricane season forecast on record

Empty shelves at the supermarket for the most popular item shouldn’t be construed to have never existed just because less tasty items remain.
    If it's popular, people have experienced it in the past.
    Or we could just believe or not believe what evolutionary paleo-biologists say about grasses evolving towards the end of the Mesozoic instead of the beginning. I only included it as a curiosity not as a point of contention. I am more worried about the people who don't understand concentrations!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information